Help - How to create signature for postings.

Options
Poobah1972
Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
edited February 2021 in Getting Started
Hi All,

Perhaps someone could give me a hand? I'm having difficulty trying to figure out how to make a signature which would appear after my posts.

I don't want anything fancy, I would just like to provide a link to Best Low Carb Bread post i made earlier, as I feel the more people that know about this bread following a low carb diet, the happy this world will be. lol

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825652/best-low-carb-bread-no-flour-was-used

Oh and FYI, I'm just starting to use the Hugs and likes/dislikes features... Sorry if I haven't been showing the love you all deserve.

Thanks Guys

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I don't think these forums have a signature functionality at this time; you would need to copy and paste whatever you wanted your signature to be. The only person I see around that uses a signature is @ninerbuff, maybe he knows something I don't? Or maybe he just copies and pastes that colorful block of text every time.

But if your plan is just to keep linking to your low-carb bread post...maybe don't. I get you're excited and that's great for you, but using every post as an opportunity to link to that topic is spammy and annoying. It'd be just as spammy and annoying if you had a personal blog off-site that you linked people to in every post. Someone looking for a low-carb bread recipe will find it.
  • Poobah1972
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I don't think these forums have a signature functionality at this time; you would need to copy and paste whatever you wanted your signature to be. The only person I see around that uses a signature is @ninerbuff, maybe he knows something I don't? Or maybe he just copies and pastes that colorful block of text every time.

But if your plan is just to keep linking to your low-carb bread post...maybe don't. I get you're excited and that's great for you, but using every post as an opportunity to link to that topic is spammy and annoying. It'd be just as spammy and annoying if you had a personal blog off-site that you linked people to in every post. Someone looking for a low-carb bread recipe will find it.

Lol, I have just this morning started doing the copy and paste thing. As for my excitement, I have in total many years of low carbing... And this bread I tell you is seriously the holy grail, home run, Cat's Buttocks... Well yeah, it is just such a "Missing Link"... I really do feel, that a little extra attention to it, will be welcome to anyone that comes across it and is willing to make it. So I may just live with being a bit spammy for at least a little while. But I do understand where your coming from.

Thank you!

For the real Low-Carb bread that cooks, smells and tastes like bread... Click.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825652/best-low-carb-bread-no-flour-was-used
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options

I just copy and paste. Done it for years ever since I started back in 2011.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »

Lol, I have just this morning started doing the copy and paste thing. As for my excitement, I have in total many years of low carbing... And this bread I tell you is seriously the holy grail, home run, Cat's Buttocks... Well yeah, it is just such a "Missing Link"... I really do feel, that a little extra attention to it, will be welcome to anyone that comes across it and is willing to make it. So I may just live with being a bit spammy for at least a little while. But I do understand where your coming from.

Thank you!

I agree with "goal" above---it's irritating, in my opinion. Your enthusiasm is not necessary another's. People that want it can find it. Try the cooking threads--"What do your meals look like--show me pictures". That is the correct place for your recipe.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »

Thank you!

Doing that is a good way to get your posts flagged as spam and ultimately removed.
  • Poobah1972
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Opinions, love em, got em, need em. :)

Actually the whole reason I went through the trouble of doing it is... I actually did make a post in the recipe section, and I got absolutely zero response.

You might think, no body cares. To bad, go home... And I'll have to suck it up.

But actually that same day and next day I got 2 post responses on an entirely different thread where I mentioned the Low Carb spread I like to make and put on my very special low carb toast. Both individuals wanted the recipe, so I posted to both individuals. (very long recipes... making much more spam then the two liner I got now.)

So my thinking is... If just 2 people in response to one post I made were specifically asking me for the recipe... While it was previously and recently posted to the recipe section. Well that tells me, most people aren't visiting the recipe section. So I just wanted to raise visibility to all the other people, that visit the regular area's and weren't aware of the bread but might wish they were.

All in all... It's just a 2 liner... I might cut it down to two. And after some circulation, I'll dump it all together.