March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart The little dogs always make me more nervous. They are so much more unpredictable.

@HonuNui Love the snorkeling pics.

Wow @RunsOnEspresso ! That's so impressive!

@Tramboman You're streamlined for speed!

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @RunsonEspresso!

Yesterday, I had hiking plans but due to the weather forecast we opted for trails closer to home (Bays Mountain). We only got in 4 miles before the thunder started rolling in. By the time we got to our cars, it was windy, raining and hailing (as @quilteryoyo's picture showed). It stormed the rest of the day and all night last night and into the morning today. It finally stopped this afternoon. I thought about the treadmill this morning but opted for a cardio video followed by a nice stretch afterwards. So no running for me this weekend which is the first in as long as I can remember! @Scott6266 - you are definitely well ahead of me on the challenge now!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @marisap2010 Good luck on your interview. You are a good person to feel bad about leaving your co-workers short handed. However, you need to do what is best for you and try not to feel guilty about it. Great running.

@WhatMeRunning Nice run. The sound of coyote's scares me, esp. if they are close. I don't know that anyone has ever been attacked by them here, but they aren't small and could do damage if they chose.

@Scott6255 Sounds like a great run today. Congratulations on surpassing your month's goal!

@shanaber You are doing great....even if you aren't running much. Right now, it's all about getting better so you can run later. You're doing what you can do and I applaud you for that.

@Avidkeo ! You're doing great!

@martaindale Yeah for exactly meeting your goal today! That never happens. These Spring temperature swings are brutal.

@kgirlhart Nice run and good to have nice people notice and encourage you along the way. Glad the dog listened to it's owners and wasn't an issue.

@Teresa502 Glad you didn't get caught out in the storms.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Oh and @ContraryMaryMary I signed up for Auckland HM in October. Will I see you in 2 weeks? We need to make a plan to meet up.

Yay, Auckland half is a goodie. Looking forward to meeting you Sunday week, I aim to be at the start around 7am, either queuing for coffee or the loo! Do you still have my number? I have yours so will text you my whereabouts, otherwise I’ll see you at the finish line!

Have messaged you! I'll be at the start around then as well, it's only a 10 min walk from where we are staying woo hoo.

I'm really looking forward to that weekend
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Sounds like you have a good plan that is working for you! You're making great progress.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @martaindale - That medal is truly worth any effort to get it! :sunglasses:
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @martaindale Nice running and that medal is awesome. Is there a story behind the name of the race?
  • quilteryoyo
    edited March 2021
    Options
    What a lovely run @ContraryMaryMary ! I think I could have used some of those negative ions today. Maybe that's why you feel so much better after taking a shower.