March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo You are doing great! Drunken snail or no. The temp change is always hard on me too. My pace drops off dramatically. I am not built for endurance exercise in heat!

@katharmonic I'm glad your back is feeling better.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @nickseger ohhh shoes are good. @WhatMeRunning is absolutely right. I started with basic sports socks and now have several pairs of technical running socks in both poly and merino (love merino) thanks to these guys. They are the best to keep feet comfortable and blister free. Been years since I even worried about that sort of thing.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning There are few things I hate more than intervals -- wind aided or not.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 - So good to hear you have the woods to run in, and are prepared to defend against any wolves. Or maybe they will let you run with them? :smirk:
    Every trip to the woods makes me even more convinced that the rumors are false. Too many people, dogs, and in other sections you're too close to roads and buildings. I saw deer yesterday, 2 were running away, but at one point I had this great moment where I was coming up a hill, and a beautiful buck crossed ahead of me. He was just calmly walking along, and soon was out of sight, but it was quiet and peaceful. After he was gone I had that feeling like something was out there, probably just him. But the knife fits nicely in my pack, maybe it will come in handy for something else.
    @quilteryoyo at least they're picking it up near the parking spaces. There's a lot of work left to be done.
    @katharmonic great pictures, and I love that you're the "Local Legend"!
    @Faebert Your running and strength training must be helping, even if you aren't feeling 100%. Sounds like you're listening to your body and doing what you can.