Intermittent Fasting Female Friends Needed!

Options
I'm looking for women who are in their 30's or 40's who are doing intermittent fasting to be friends with me here on MFP. I need more active friends practicing the same lifestyle as me to help keep me motivated.

Bonus points if you live in Utah! I'm a Utah transplant. I moved from Kentucky a couple years ago.

I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms here to crazy requests. No friend requests from men, please.

A little about me. I'm 39 years old in Layton, Utah.
SW: 205
CW: 199.8
GW: 175 (for now)

I got bloodwork done last month (2/11/21) and my A1c came back as 5.8. It needs to be 5.6 or less. Technically, I'm considered pre-diabetic. I do NOT want to get into the diabetic territory. Diabetes also runs in my family. My plan is to get down to 175 by my next checkup/blood draw. I'm watching my calories, sugars, and carbs. I still eat carbs and sugars, I just limit how much.

I'd like to find friends where we could help motivate each other. I'm on MFP every day logging food and looking through my feed. Let's be friends!

Replies

• malder630
    malder630 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to connect and help motivate each other! I have been doing intermittent fasting since Jan 4th along with tracking my macros on MFP. It has been a game changer for me. I have always been active and love working out but I just could not lose weight. What I've learned is I was over-eating!!
    I have lost 11 lbs in ~8 weeks. until I started IF I couldn't get the scale to budge!
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey- i would love to connect. I do if and am also the mum of a fabulous t1d so all my recipes have a carb count with them.
    I have not wieghed myself as I dont have a scale and I am just fine with thay as my jeans now need a belt:)
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Bunski
    Bunski Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and have been practicing IF since June. I'm down 99 pounds from my SW of 317, and I have about 60 more pounds to go! I've been feeling like I need a few active friends on here, too!
  • monicakhanna1
    monicakhanna1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just begun doing intermittent fasting. I would love to connect with like minded faster s to keep mutually motivated on the weight loss journey.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and an IFer by nature - never was much of one for breakfast or lunch. I'm pretty active on MFP, though I'm in my last semester of grad school so I have stretches where I'm quiet when school/work are hectic.

I am also pretty active in the general sense - I mostly lift and run, with the occasional yoga, bodypump, kayaking (actually just got back from a kayak camping trip in Kentucky, though I'm not located in either UT or KY), swimming, or biking. Feel free to add me!
  • sljjjembeca
    sljjjembeca Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am a 43 year old mom of 3. I have been working IF since June with occasional hiccups. The pandemic brought on health changes making it impossible to be the active girl I have always been. Using IF has kept my weight fairly stable. I am 10 days post surgery that will hopefully rectify this and definitely need any help I can get staying on track and out of the kitchen during my recovery! Much luck to you and feel free to add me:)
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi I would to be friends. I am a little older than you specified at just over 50 but have done IF and lost a lot of weight but have gained it back and I am starting over.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi I have also done IF off and on. I'm currently on a 16:8 schedule. I would love to have a group chat where we can all help and support each other? Is anyone else open to that idea or do you only want friends to share MFP emails with?
  • trinati2001
    Options
    Has anyone found a thred or group for people who IF? I would like to find a group of people or start a chat thred for us to support each other
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi, a chat thread would be cool. I am 48 and just started my weight loss journey (again!) on March 30th. I have incorporated the 16:8 method into my overall weight loss plan. I am also doing CICO and low-carb. If there was a tip I read about to help me lose fat, I have probably incorporated it into my plan lol
  • trinati2001
    Options