thick thighs versus saddlebags

Options
2»

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're happy with yourself. I carry my weight much like you do. When I put on extra pounds, it's much more pronounced in my "saddlebag" area. When I take weight off, I look like you. I haven't explored really working on getting it all off (like the comparison photo posted) because I am sure that would take way more work and discipline than I have at this point in my life. I just looked in the mirror this morning in my workout leggings and thought, "Dang! I look great!" :lol: Keep going at it if you will feel more comfortable, but you're right, you have reason to be happy with what you've got. Strong legs, girl!!

Isn’t that “damn, I look good” feeling great?! Keep up the positive vibes.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I do dislike very much that we seem to have many, many bits of terminology whose only function is to criticize our own or others' body shapes, or praise others we've been enculturated to find aspirational: Bingo wings, hip dips, saddlebags, chicken wings, thunder thighs, thigh gap, pooch, Toblerone tunnel, pancake butt . . . ugh.

(...runs out to find a Toblerone...) Wait, they still make those, right?! 😂

I've not heard of most of these terms. One I found here recently was something along the lines of a "banana bum?!" Let's all just love on our bodies while being realistically aspirational about all the work it can do. An improvement in "aesthetics" naturally comes with results along the way.