What's the longest you've gone with logging your meals in MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    KNoceros wrote: »
    About 6 years with breaks for holidays / foreign trips. Have lost 15kg and maintained that loss for about 3 years.

thanks so much and congrats on being able to maintain for 3 years.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    June to December 2014
    Lost 28lb in 14 wks, but then started to struggle to hit "weight loss" target. It was a stressful time in my life, after a month, I decided it was 1 stress I could remove for my life. So made a concious decision to stop for 6 weeks, until Christmas. Then recommit to weight loss, on the New Year (Jan 2015).

Fast forward to April 2016, 6 weeks off tracking, had become 17 months. I never weighed myself during this period. Aiming for maintenance, I was aware I had begun to gain again (new sizes becoming to tight). This was the kick start I needed.

I weighed myself and had gained 7lb during my break. So back to MFP. I was fed up with years of yo yo dieting, on track & losing. Struggling, stopping & gaining (various amounts) over 30 years.

This time round I read all that I could, scouring the forums for advise. Wanting to stop the "All or Nothing", "On or Off Track", "being Good or Naughty" that had dogged me for years.

Now Everything, Everyday gets logged. Finding MY numbers; calorie levels for meeting nutrition, healthy weight loss and maintainance of current weight. Tracking daily, using my MFP account, like a banking account, to monitor "spending calories". It takes minutes but has transformed my life (& health). Higher days for special occasions, days when I can cut and months when I've been glad to be "maintaining", happy in the knowledge that I am.

Since reboot:
    1,794 days tracked, every meal tracked and a total of 66lbs lost. But most importantly, no periods of weight gain or fast loss, just steady, healthy progress.

1794 that's awesome, and congrats on your success. And thanks for sharing.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I logged for 8 years now, not while on vacation for couple of weeks every year. A flu got me 3 years ago and I gained 25 lbs, really sick but as you can see I eat when I am sick. Had to work like the devil to get that weight off after a couple months of not logging like someone said life happened and I messed up. I had to realize food was not comforting me, it did not make me feel better like I had been told, it made me miserable.

congrats on 8 years , impressive. Thanks for sharing.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Been logging daily for going on 5 years this 2nd go-round.

Logged daily for around 3 years b4 that (the 1st Round) b4 going off "the program" for about 6 months b4 starting again in the 2nd round.

So, the answer is about 6 months w/o logging between Rounds 1 and 2 during which I regained the 40# that I lost in the 1st 3 months of Round 1 and then had to lose again in the 1st 3 months of Round 2.

The moral of this story for me was: Never NOT stop logging!

Some people say that they can lose and/or maintain their weight w/o logging what they eat. I am not one of those people
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Been logging daily for going on 5 years this 2nd go-round.

Logged daily for around 3 years b4 that (the 1st Round) b4 going off "the program" for about 6 months b4 starting again in the 2nd round.

So, the answer is about 6 months w/o logging between Rounds 1 and 2 during which I regained the 40# that I lost in the 1st 3 months of Round 1 and then had to lose again in the 1st 3 months of Round 2.

The moral of this story for me was: Never NOT stop logging!

Some people say that they can lose and/or maintain their weight w/o logging what they eat. I am not one of those people

Good moral to the story. Thanks for sharing.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,611 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've been a member since July 2010 and I don't think I've missed a day. Even when I've had to be on a liquid diet and only had broth and sugar free jello, I logged it. I may have gotten slack in logging everything I've eaten (damned boxes of cereal and my wandering hands!) but stuff still got logged.
  • mpkpbk2015
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Wow, I've been a member since July 2010 and I don't think I've missed a day. Even when I've had to be on a liquid diet and only had broth and sugar free jello, I logged it. I may have gotten slack in logging everything I've eaten (damned boxes of cereal and my wandering hands!) but stuff still got logged.

Now that's an accomplishment - your coming up on if my math is right 11 years of logging. That's great. Thanks for sharing it shows me it can be done. How inspiring.