What's on your "after I get the vaccine" list?

kshama2001
kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
  1. Stopping food shopping for my mother (although, since she is 83, that's probably going to start back up again soon. At this time though, she would prefer to do it herself. I'm really looking forward to the aisles no longer being one way.
  2. Going to the dentist.
  3. Getting a proper haircut.
  4. And last but not least, getting a massage!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    This video was really helpful for me cutting my hair myself, but since I'm not used to cutting by looking in a mirror, it was quite challenging. Still, after a year of no professional haircuts, it made a big difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byjEXpYNRNk&t=218s
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    1. Back to the gym. I miss picking up heavy stuff.
    2. Road trippin'. I need to get the *kitten* out of this *kitten* town, even just for the weekend.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in the last group to get vaxed, unless I can slip in with another eligible group on a technicality or my inlaws/husband can get me on a last-minute waiting list type of thing. They're all healthcare workers, and I'm 10 minutes away from hub's hospital if it's the end of the day and the dose is gonna expire.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Get on a plane a fly anywhere. Two vacations cancelled already and I’m guessing I won’t be going anywhere this spring. Maybe fall - but realistically might be 2022. Going stir crazy.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    and get a new tattoo!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I don't think much is going to change for me. I'll get vaccinated as soon as possible, but my husband won't be able to get his for quite some time. Since, according to what I've learned, you can still shed the virus after vaccination it is just not worth the risk to him.

I've been lucky though - the gal who does my hair has been opening early for me so there are no other customers and she is super careful (she's been double masking since she was allowed to re-open, takes all the precautions and has been testing weekly). So at least my hair looks good!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,717 Member
    Family gatherings again after we all get vaccinated (so far everyone in my family 65+ years has gotten vaccinated).
    Running a marathon in person! Los Angeles Marathon has been rescheduled to November 7.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    and get a new tattoo!

That’s what I’m doing too, a hummingbird on the side of my wrist.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    See my sister who was also recently vaccinated. Maybe get a haircut. Our gym & pool Has been open since Sept. I won’t be flying or going to large events for awhile, probably another year.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Mostly travelling and seeing family and close friends. Aa an expat, I haven't seen any family members at all since last summer, and some not since 2019.

I also miss the gym and restaurants, having someone else bring me a carefully prepared drink or food and chatting with friends over a meal (now we are not allowed to meet groups from other households and a Skype dinner is just not the same).
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited March 2021
    I've had both my vaccines, and so has my sister. Dh had his 1st. My ds, last I heard, was looking into qualifying for his due to being diabetic but not in the age groups yet.
    Even with that all said, I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing right along, being very cautious, mask up, social distance, etc. IIRC we can still get Covid, just not as bad. I've had Covid, mild case TG, but don't want to risk passing it to anyone else that might not be vaccinated, etc.

While I'd LOVE to see my kids(hoping this year is it!!) I'm still gonna stick to my bubble until ds says it's okay to visit. :( He's the most cautious one of us all. :)

Just wanted to add how sad and disappointed I was to return to read the other Covid prep thread and find it closed. :( I realize where it had headed but couldn't it have been edited or something? That whole thread was currently my go-to for information; I trusted some of the input there more than on other social media.

JMO