What's on your "after I get the vaccine" list?

Options
124»

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Travel to my daughter's graduation from college.

Parents will not be allowed to attend the graduation ceremony in person (at least at this point), but we're going to celebrate the milestone with her and her delightful group of friends. And their incredibly nice parents. People coming from lots of different places, all traveling, so vaccines are a game changer even if we celebrate tailgate-style.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Gee some of you are having it pretty rough. I pray you receive all that you wish for.

Reading your stories makes me feel so blessed to live where I live. The public health officer openly recognized that over 95% of the death toll numbers are from over 80's in long-term care homes here. We have been able to use parks, trails, and beaches the whole time, from a distance. The gym has been open except for about 6 weeks in the beginning. Shortly after the gyms, our restaurants and bars reopened with decreased capacity, plexiglass barriers, and other measures in place. Little shops were allowed to remain open if they could provide a safe plan to operate within the guidelines. It feels weird but it's working well for us.

It can be done safely. Have no fear of reopening.

I have a small family and we all continued with carefully planned, rotating visits to care for our mom, who lives alone, safely. I pray for all those existing in a facility tho, they have not fared well at all.

We do miss live music, concerts and dancing. Very much looking forward to that returning.

In my area, only 22% of deaths are associated with long-term care facilities.

61% here but I believe the residents have now been vaccinated (they were first) and it's been community deaths for the past few months. :'(
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Vaccine is not likely to be done for me until next year, so making no plans just yet, in case it all goes horribly wrong and I am left disappointed.

I would like to get home to the UK to visit friends and family as I haven't been to see them since November 2019 even though its only an hour's flight away as didn't want to risk putting them at risk, that said they're nearly all vaccinated now, so might travel over later this year, if the quarantine rules are changed.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Had mine in early February (NHS worker). So actually waiting to be able to do anything! It's all still shut!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    1. Stopping food shopping for my mother (although, since she is 83, that's probably going to start back up again soon. At this time though, she would prefer to do it herself. I'm really looking forward to the aisles no longer being one way.
    2. Going to the dentist.
    3. Getting a proper haircut.
    4. And last but not least, getting a massage!

Oct 2, 2021: I've done everything but go to the dentist, which I've been talking myself into putting off because I'm moving and want to get a new dentist in the new town. I've gotten as far as getting recommendations and looking people up, but not actually made the appointment yet.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Uh, I should not answer that I think, but when I got the first shot I booked a flight to Iceland 6 weeks later. And went there to see an active volcano, lots of rain and mist, and some marvelous landscapes. Also been to Greece with a daytrip to Albania, to Riga and Moldova. Guess my biggest hobby :#