Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    0Leena0 wrote: »
    -snip-

I forgot to mention my age. In a few days, I will be turning 28. I don't know what is my body fat percentage, I only have a normal scale. My workout duration is [ 1 Hour ], I barely lose 0.5 kg a week since last July I barely lose 1 kg a month (sometimes in a month I lose less than 1 kg no matter what I do or change in my diet or workout) so I don't think that my body was starved nor I was feeling hungry or deprived. In these Days that i don't workout i try to eat around 1200-1400 because my body will burn around 1600 cal so i am in deficit

OK. As a woman, remember that we ARE supposed to have SOME body fat. 18-19% BF is ideal for a woman your age. You're probably around 20-25% at the very most - I think it would be hard to be more than that and still weigh just 68kg. You must have some level of muscle, since you do work out quite a lot. Just because you don't "feel hungry" doesn't mean you're not hurting yourself; some people don't have great hunger signaling for whatever reason.

Not sure where this is coming from. I'm nearly the same height as OP and the same weight. That's the very top of the normal BMI range/borderline overweight. Over 25% bodyfat seems like a very real possibility to me.

25%BF at 151lbs is about 38 lbs of fat mass, 113lb lean mass - the majority of that is going to be water and bones. For someone who works out as often as OP says she does, I think she probably has more than 20 lb of muscle on her entire body, which is what's left after factoring out everything else. Which is why I think her BF% is lower than 25%.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    The Journey to losing weight is a REAL struggle and causes a lot of frustration and as it's going it gets really SLOW ( at least for me). Last October my weight was 74 kg and on the 28th of February I reached 68.6 and now after two weeks I only lost 200g [ I'm 163-164 hight].

I usually work out 4-6 days a week and the last week I take it as rest because it's my time of the month. The problem I'm facing is that a few months ago I started feeling really sluggish like I don't want to even do anything, not just workout I just want to lay around and do nothing.

after I finish my rest week I get back to workout but then again the next month, the same thing happens, but it starts earlier which means I now have more days where I do nothing (except for dancing) compared to my workout days.

I feel really awful about it and I still need to lose a lot of weight and my weight decreasing rate is bad for me
    Not wanting to do anything could be depression...have you talked to your doctor?

I don't think so, cause after a while i come around and then starts to workout again but what is concerning me that i have this feeling every month now and it takes longer than last months which makes me feel more guilty

It's hard to get clear impressions just from posts, but it sounds like you're experiencing a good bit of stress related to weight and weight loss efforts. (Many of us do, at one time or another!) Reduced calories for a long time period is in itself a stressor, and stress is cumulative across physical and psychological sources of stress.

How is the stress level in the rest of your life? How is your sleep? How is your nutrition?

The reason for these questions: There is a potential for stress to cause creeping water retention over quite a long time period, as well as have effects on energy level. It's worth considering whether that could be among the factors for you.

The water retention can hide fat loss on the scale (no, a scale that claims to measure body composition is not a way to figure this out; they're not accurate enough). Lowered energy level tends to reduce calorie expenditure, both in daily life activity, and in exercise intensity. Both stress itself and lowered energy level can affect mood.

I agree with others that it would be a good plan to see your doctor, and have relevant blood tests, for conditions like hypothyroidism as well as various nutritional factors (some are iron, B12, D . . . ).

If you have sub-ideal sleep quality/quantity or nutrition, see if you can improve those. If you have a high sense of stress, and other stressors in your life besides frustration with weight loss rate and the calorie deficit itself, consider adopting stress management practices that help you: These can be things like meditation (spiritual or not), prayer if religious, journaling, aromatherapy bubble baths, self-massage or massage therapy, yoga, counseling or therapy, and many other options. Different things work for different people.

Don't take this as disagreeing with comments above about calorie level, weight loss rate, and what-not. It's meant as something additional to consider.

Wishing you improvement!
  • 0Leena0
    0Leena0 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    The Journey to losing weight is a REAL struggle and causes a lot of frustration and as it's going it gets really SLOW ( at least for me). Last October my weight was 74 kg and on the 28th of February I reached 68.6 and now after two weeks I only lost 200g [ I'm 163-164 hight].

I usually work out 4-6 days a week and the last week I take it as rest because it's my time of the month. The problem I'm facing is that a few months ago I started feeling really sluggish like I don't want to even do anything, not just workout I just want to lay around and do nothing.

after I finish my rest week I get back to workout but then again the next month, the same thing happens, but it starts earlier which means I now have more days where I do nothing (except for dancing) compared to my workout days.

I feel really awful about it and I still need to lose a lot of weight and my weight decreasing rate is bad for me
    Not wanting to do anything could be depression...have you talked to your doctor?

I don't think so, cause after a while i come around and then starts to workout again but what is concerning me that i have this feeling every month now and it takes longer than last months which makes me feel more guilty

It's hard to get clear impressions just from posts, but it sounds like you're experiencing a good bit of stress related to weight and weight loss efforts. (Many of us do, at one time or another!) Reduced calories for a long time period is in itself a stressor, and stress is cumulative across physical and psychological sources of stress.

How is the stress level in the rest of your life? How is your sleep? How is your nutrition?

The reason for these questions: There is a potential for stress to cause creeping water retention over quite a long time period, as well as have effects on energy level. It's worth considering whether that could be among the factors for you.

The water retention can hide fat loss on the scale (no, a scale that claims to measure body composition is not a way to figure this out; they're not accurate enough). Lowered energy level tends to reduce calorie expenditure, both in daily life activity, and in exercise intensity. Both stress itself and lowered energy level can affect mood.

I agree with others that it would be a good plan to see your doctor, and have relevant blood tests, for conditions like hypothyroidism as well as various nutritional factors (some are iron, B12, D . . . ).

If you have sub-ideal sleep quality/quantity or nutrition, see if you can improve those. If you have a high sense of stress, and other stressors in your life besides frustration with weight loss rate and the calorie deficit itself, consider adopting stress management practices that help you: These can be things like meditation (spiritual or not), prayer if religious, journaling, aromatherapy bubble baths, self-massage or massage therapy, yoga, counseling or therapy, and many other options. Different things work for different people.

Don't take this as disagreeing with comments above about calorie level, weight loss rate, and what-not. It's meant as something additional to consider.

Wishing you improvement!

I appreciate your time and comment. I am the type of person who thinks a lot, i sleep ok ( although i take a few hours before I fall asleep) but I do sleep sufficient hours.

I do have some stress about the whole weight loss thing. I have struggled with weight since I was young and I have been losing weight, then getting it back again multiple times and I have reached a point where I'm tired of it. I want to finish this journey that has been failing since I was young so yeah I know that I'm a bit impatient, in addition, I have never seen myself thin (physically) even now I still have lots of fat before I call/see my self thin.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Wishing you improvement!

I appreciate your time and comment. I am the type of person who thinks a lot, i sleep ok ( although i take a few hours before I fall asleep) but I do sleep sufficient hours.

I do have some stress about the whole weight loss thing. I have struggled with weight since I was young and I have been losing weight, then getting it back again multiple times and I have reached a point where I'm tired of it. I want to finish this journey that has been failing since I was young so yeah I know that I'm a bit impatient, in addition, I have never seen myself thin (physically) even now I still have lots of fat before I call/see my self thin.

Jumping in here to say that this post sounds a lot like me when I was dealing with high levels of anxiety. My mind felt like it was racing all the time and I couldn't turn it off, and even when I was exhausted it would take me forever to fall asleep. That kind of stress can definitely mess with one's physical health, which could show up on the scale.

The suggestions @AnnPT77 made would be really helpful for these sorts of feelings. It does take time, though, to learn new habits and practice quieting your mind. Please be gentle with yourself. Going harder is not always better.