Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Keto breakfast ideas

simplysonya4996simplysonya4996 Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
Hi guys, I recently started keto. After getting thru the “flu”, I’m enjoying Keto. However, the thing that gives me the most headaches are all the eggs I’m consuming for breakfast. I swear I’m getting ready to grow wings and fly off! Lol!
Can you guys give me some of your favorite keto breakfast ( under 10 total carbs) that you enjoy, without any eggs?
Thanks!

Replies

• psuLemonpsuLemon Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 37,451 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 37,451 MFP Moderator
    I generally do chaffles, pancakes or chia puddings. But both contain eggs.

In general, lack of salt and magnesium gives you headaches.
    edited March 20
  • balvis3919balvis3919 Member Posts: 60 Member Member Posts: 60 Member
    Breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast. I love fasting, leftovers, chai pudding, just a sausage patty, ect. I do love the French toast bake though (eggs, cream cheese and butter, baked. Kinda like a Dutch baby)
  • cheryscherys Member Posts: 359 Member Member Posts: 359 Member
    I love greek yoghurt with fresh berries, vanilla essence and chopped walnuts or pecans.
    Or grilled bacon with fried field mushrooms, wilted spinach and grilled tomato.

If you can find it, a good protein bread with very low carbs is delicious toasted topped with avocado and walnuts.
  • atx1bagatx1bag Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    A dozen scrambled eggs, and a pack of no-sugar bacon. That's get me through 2-4 days with leftovers!
  • HerbsandMoreHerbsandMore Member, Premium Posts: 24 Member Member, Premium Posts: 24 Member
    Is there anyway to find these recipes, are they on this site
  • sarah7591sarah7591 Member Posts: 140 Member Member Posts: 140 Member
    psuLemon......wow!!! Those look amazing! Are those recipes anywhere online?
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 37,451 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 37,451 MFP Moderator
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    psuLemon......wow!!! Those look amazing! Are those recipes anywhere online?

These are my own creations. If you want, i can send you a link to the recipe.
  • kauaicarolannkauaicarolann Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Don't limit yourself to just "breakfast food" for your first meal of the day. I've done leftover chicken salad in a butter lettuce cup with a few strawberries on the side. Tired of scrambled eggs? Boil 'em up, smash & have egg salad on keto bread (Sola is my favorite) & add smear some avocado. Leftovers from another mealare great, too!