Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Would you take a weight loss drug to reduce your desire to eat?

threewinsthreewins Member Posts: 844 Member Member Posts: 844 Member
This drug could be a real game changer. Has been FDA approved with few side effects.

Replies

• LietchiLietchi Member Posts: 1,949 Member Member Posts: 1,949 Member
    What happens when people stop taking the drug? Weight maintenance is hard enough already, can't imagine it's easier when you quit a drug that's been lowering your appetite.
  • Speakeasy76Speakeasy76 Member Posts: 456 Member Member Posts: 456 Member
    Ha ha--glad I clicked on the video to know this was fake!

In seriousness, there was a point in my life where I would've considered taking a weight -loss drug, even though I've only ever been in the "overweight" category and not obese. I just thought there was something wrong with me where I couldn't control my overeating.

Now that I've managed to completely change my mindset and lose and maintain weight loss, I wouldn't do it.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 5,057 Member Member Posts: 5,057 Member
    Can’t imagine taking THAT one. Hate to be at Home Town Buffet when someone showed up who had just taken one.
  • freda78freda78 Member Posts: 301 Member Member Posts: 301 Member
    No. Nor would I have surgery.
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member, Premium Posts: 5,787 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,787 Member
    In more news from The Onion, a major cause of obesity was identified.

Also there's some new research on hot dogs.
    edited March 22
  • GummiMundiGummiMundi Member Posts: 319 Member Member Posts: 319 Member
    Maybe this would be more appropriate in the Chit-Chat section?

Don't get me wrong, we can debate if we'd take a weight loss drug, like you asked in the thread title, assuming you're interested in debating that. But not with this video.
    edited March 22