Staying within my kcals but up 2lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    You say more than cutting calories and exercise am I maybe just expecting too much too soon or is there something else I should do?

You have to unpack a lot in what I said and which I re quote below and currently, between children and lack of sleep, you're too laser focused.

"Self care includes MORE than just weight management."

"And successful weight management includes more self care than just cutting calories increasing exercise and demanding a weight drop!!!"

Weight management is a long term thing.

less than 2 months ago you gave birth and had surgery. The removal of a baby lump near my eyebrow still gets the occasional scratch in that same time frame, and it was closer to the size of one of your baby's tiniest toes!

The mechanics of what you're doing are more than enough to see results over time. But you sound as if you're currently on overdrive and approaching this as something to just power through.

Self care, you time, doing something FOR YOU, is not the same as powering through and pounding the problem (in this case your own body) into submission.

If yet to meet the people who claim lack of sleep and stress help with weight loss.

So lose the expectations, and if dealing with a normal pregnancy level of weight gain just concentrate on creating a 250 to 500 Cal deficit MOST days while not going nuts over during the rest of them and you will be there well before your baby's first birthday.

Also at 28 and with three babies you are going through this bulk/cut cycle/yo yo quite often in a relatively small time frame. While perfectly natural and normal, I somehow doubt that it's easy on your body!

Be kind to the amazing you! (and use reasonable deficits and a weight trend app)
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    danae16 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I feel like it's slow compared to the past which I know is silly. I'm 28 now and had a c section only 7 weeks ago 3rd baby

Postpartum, there are hormonal changes that can make water fluctuations more unpredictable for a while. (Quite a while.) Post-surgically, healing can make water fluctuations more unpredictable (if major, could still be some healing 7 weeks later). Are you breast feeding, too? That would make it 3 unusual things that can affect bodyweight via water fluctuations.

It's water weight, 99.425% probability . . . just my opinion on the exact percent, though. 😉

I started off breastfeeding but baby's on formula now. Sleep deprivation doesn't help my will power wasn't great today. Iv 2 kids under 2 they sleep well some nights and not others

I don't want to go totally off topic here, but please give your body and your mind some time to adjust to this huge life change. Having a baby is HARD! Having a baby with other children at home is even harder! I know its tempting to want to lose it all so fast, but you are healing and its a stressful time. You are doing a great job by tracking your food and giving your health some consideration already! In the coming months it will get easier and the will power part won't be impacted by crappy sleep as much. You got this, just take it slow! Also - hormones are a huge factor in water weight...even during my normal cycle I gain 3-5 lbs during my TOM.

Yes, please please!

I get it, as soon as my body is externally healed I usually want to jump right back into what life was like before I was pregnant, and the reality, frustrating though it is, is just that it doesn't work like that. For both babies and our bodies, the rule of thumb I've always heard is "nine months in, nine months out." Some people call the first three months postpartum "the fourth trimester." You're only halfway through that now! It's hard, but please be gentle with yourself.

I found three little kids the hardest. The oldest were not old enough to help much, and still pretty needy, and then the littlest still had all their needs. You can still practice self-care, and I would argue you absolutely should, but what that looks like at seven weeks postpartum is going to look different than at seven months postpartum or after a year.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby!