Myfitnesspal

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Diary problem

SnackattackzSnackattackz Member Posts: 43 Member Member Posts: 43 Member
Does anyone else have this problem. I log my food into the app diary but my diary won't complete it just says "There was a problem sending your request to the server. Please visit the main website or try again later" but If I go to the website the food is there and I can complete it from there. Why won't the app diary complete?
Any ideas?

Replies

• thisvickyrunsthisvickyruns Member Posts: 111 Member Member Posts: 111 Member
    Does anyone else have this problem. I log my food into the app diary but my diary won't complete it just says "There was a problem sending your request to the server. Please visit the main website or try again later" but If I go to the website the food is there and I can complete it from there. Why won't the app diary complete?
    Any ideas?

the app is buggy sometimes... welcome to MFP! :laugh:
  • DevietteDeviette Member Posts: 911 Member Member Posts: 911 Member
    I don't. But MFP is buggy.

But I will let you know that you don't have to 'complete' your diary (I've only done it a handful of times and I've been using the app for on and off for years
  • SnackattackzSnackattackz Member Posts: 43 Member Member Posts: 43 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    I don't. But MFP is buggy.

But I will let you know that you don't have to 'complete' your diary (I've only done it a handful of times and I've been using the app for on and off for years

It kinda just irked me that it wasn't working properly. I like closing it, it gives me a sense of closure, no more food for the day.
    I know that's just a mental thing. 🙂
    I guess maybe someday it's a glitch that will be fixed 🤞
  • dragon_girl26dragon_girl26 Member Posts: 2,165 Member Member Posts: 2,165 Member
    long answer short .... because its mfp and why should any of it work the way its supposed to? i actually prefer the website compared to the phone app for most things.

Ditto, although I haven't closed my diary in years. I actually forgot this was a thing lol. I get the best experience and the most features via the browser.
    edited March 23
    Thought I'd mention I deleted all data and cache in my phone settings for the app and violà it works now. I just completed my diary in the app :)
    Having trouble again.. and the old fix doesn't work :/
    Anyone get this message?
    ckd4g1sb34fo.jpg
    I go to site and try to complete and it just says processing but nothing happens.
    edited May 2
  • penguinmama87penguinmama87 Member, Premium Posts: 387 Member Member, Premium Posts: 387 Member
    I was having a lot of problems with the recipe builder last night - it wouldn't let me save changes I made to a recipe. This morning, thankfully, it seems fine. I frequently end up on weird loops or have buttons I can't click, etc. I just assume it's MFP being buggy and weird. Frustrating, because I am trying to use the tools they supposedly offer, but at least it's not my online banking!
  • meeppeepneepmeeppeepneep Member Posts: 37 Member Member Posts: 37 Member
    Yup, haven't been able to complete a day, on app or website for a few days now.
  • GiftedToastGiftedToast Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Ditto, it has been the same for me for three days now.
    Thanks guys 🙂 at least it makes me feel better knowing it's not just my phone. It's a MFP gremlin and not me.
    Hopefully it will be fixed soon 🤞
  • spiriteagle99spiriteagle99 Member Posts: 3,080 Member Member Posts: 3,080 Member
    I get that sometimes when I am inputting a meal. As you said, the food shows up in the diary, usually, despite saying that it wasn't able to be sent. I just make sure to check the diary before resending the information.