Fasting Friends

Hello!! I’m trying to get a small group of people together for support while doing extended fasts. Anyone interested? What are your experiences with fasting?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    How extended?
  • KSJR78
    KSJR78 Posts: 77 Member
    I don’t have a specific number. I’ve done 48s before, currently doing a 72. I’m just looking for others who are interested.
  • KSJR78
    KSJR78 Posts: 77 Member
    It’s not for everyone. I’ve done a lot of research on the topic. Benefits and risks and what steps to take to ensure that I am fasting safely. I am sorry you had a bad experience.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    That is why I asked. IF is one thing but fasting for more than 24 hours is asking for trouble. It is a slippery slope.
  • cadyh199
    cadyh199 Posts: 8 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    The problem is not the fasting itself... the problem is all of the mystical and magical things that some internet 'gurus' are trying to claim will result from fasting.

That's fair. I can agree with this.
  • purplebobkat
    purplebobkat Posts: 68 Member
    Hi.

Don't let the negative comments get to you, most seem very anti-fast here. I tend to do 20 hr fasts every day & starting to try weekly 2 day fasts (starting today), hoping to do mon & Tues every week, but gonna take it one day at a time. Ive done some 4 day fasts in tbe past & felt they worked for me.

If you like podcasts I've been listening to 'the obesity code' & it's helping me stay focussed.

Good luck.

Do what works for you.