For those that count calories and eat whatever they want

Options

Replies

• red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Reese's Blizzard , large is 1020 calories
    or
    Wendy's Baconator Combo which is around 1500 calories if you get a diet coke with it
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Saved 700 cal on Friday for 1.5 bottle of Rioja :) each weekend I go up to 2000cal and weekdays 1200, works for me :)
    Hmm, I thought a single bottle of wine was almost 700 calories. But I agree that wine or quality beers are great for saved up calories along with a good accompanying snack. A couple glasses of red wine with some baguette and cheese is my favorite. And ice cream.
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Wine and cheese = heaven
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Truffle fries!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Ice cream
    Pizza
    Popcorn at the movies
    Nachos
    Brownies
    Uhm, I could go on! :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well to be fair, you can't count calories and eat whatever you want. You can eat what you want, but within limits. For example I've been dying for those Cheesecake Factory French toast since I took a bite off my son's plate. But at 1300 calories a plate, I'm just not having any (yeah, I suppose I could eat half, but I'd probably be hungry 2 hours later).

We go out a couple times a month and I have some 500 calories meals at Applebee's or Cheesecake Factory though. Two weeks ago I got a Rita's frozen custard (but the light kind, so only 300 calories, and it was delicious and totally filled me up). I have taco bell occasionally (fresco tacos, I guess at 150 calories each it's not a huge deal anyway). Ice cream cones (we use Breyer's, so like 120 calories total). Last week I had two slices of a large sausage/green peppers pizza.

I think I've only gone over my goal once... I had saved 900 calories for dinner (I was hungry all day, it sucked), and I got mini crab cakes, some salmon with veggies, and a small lime tart at a delicious restaurant. I know the dessert was less than 300 calories, but I don't know about the rest, and it might still have been under 900 calories anyway.

Honestly the best advice I can give... if you're going to blow a lot of calories on a 'cheat meal', do it at breakfast or at lunch. You won't be starving all day saving calories, and it will probably fill you up so much that you won't eat that much the rest of the day anyway.
  • sugafreak
    sugafreak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Harvesters Rocky Horror Sundae - Warm chocolate fudge cake, ice-cream, squirty cream, topped with chocolate fudge pieces and a crispy wafer. 640 calories of pure deliciousness. Nom nom.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I gotta do this to you.

Mama J's Kitchen here in Richmond, VA. The best restaurant in town, A small soul food restaurant. Soul as in they put their soul and a whole lotta love into everything. Here was dinner Wednesday night: fried chicken, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, string beans and cornbread. I put it (not counting the double chocolate cake which was another 800) at about 1600 calories. My first treat meal in a long time. But oh, it was soooo worth it.

tumblr_ms3ij3xB3u1r2sbmqo1_500.jpg
  • lipuchimo
    Options
    calorie dense toppings on my oatmeal like PB, chocolate chips, nuts, caramel chunks, instant hot chocolate powder, mini marshmallows, etc :)

if I have a LOT of calories to spare I usually visit the bakery and eat a cinnamon roll/muffin/piece of cake/cookie or something like that.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    French Laundry, and Enoteca Pinchiorri. Luckily, I don't get around to doing either too often . . .
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is like homemade alcohol. Cheap and fun... but you always regret it later.

For me, it's Chinese take-out. Not the healthy options, the fried thick noodles with fried beef. Wash it down with a few heavy beers and there go your calories for the day (and a few of your calories for the next day).

Now I'm hungry.
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Desserts always desserts. I love to bake so I go all out and spoil myself.

Same here. I am a baker and I love to bake once a week and I eat a lot of it :laugh:
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Chocolate eclairs!!
  • Minks_esposa
    Options
    M&M's or Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream. I eat everything in moderation and have zero guilt.
  • erica6732
    erica6732 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, chocolate, chips. but not all at once
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    all the stuff they mention to avoid on various threads in this forum :laugh:
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Booze.

Also: pizza.

These.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Booze.

I think you are my soulmate. :)
  • barbie3000
    barbie3000 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Booze.

^^ This. :)
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I gotta do this to you.

Mama J's Kitchen here in Richmond, VA. The best restaurant in town, A small soul food restaurant. Soul as in they put their soul and a whole lotta love into everything. Here was dinner Wednesday night: fried chicken, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, string beans and cornbread. I put it (not counting the double chocolate cake which was another 800) at about 1600 calories. My first treat meal in a long time. But oh, it was soooo worth it.

tumblr_ms3ij3xB3u1r2sbmqo1_500.jpg

Good for you! Glad you enjoyed it!