Water

Options
cmwilber823
cmwilber823 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2022 in Motivation and Support
I'm finding that I cannot drink 8 glasses of water a day. I get nauseous on just plain water. The same with plain water with fruit in it. Does flavored seltzer water count? I also drink low calorie flavored waters/water enhancers. Also, 1-2 cups of black caffeinated coffee. On the plus side, I have given up regular and diet sodas. Is 64 ozs (8 glasses) really needed per day? Confused!
Tagged:

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Water is in pretty much everything. If your urine is light in color then you are good.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes. All liquid counts. Like @L1zardQueen says, go by your urine color.
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use to have the same problem drinking water. I added lemon to my water which actually was pretty good and made me wanna drink more of it. I even add cucumber sometimes. Those are the only things I add to my water. Seltzer water is amazing as an alternative. It's what I drink when I need my soda fix since I gave up drinking soda years ago.
    I use the plant nanny app with my kids. It's a cute app that allows you to plug in your weight and it tells you how many cups you need per day. I always end up going back to the basics of 8 cups per day because it's what we all can remember as a general rule. My brother is a celebrity trainer and has always told me your body needs to stay hydrated no matter how you get your water intake it all counts and absolutely no soda. So it's great that you gave that up. You will find what works for you. Everyone has their own tricks to get to their goals.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    I just drink the sugar free cordial my kids have, it's only maybe 4 calories per cup.

And I also count cups of tea as water and even cup-a-Soups because they're just made up with water too. (and I just log the soup sachet)

I can drink water sometimes but it's easier to have a bit of flavour
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Most of my water consumption comes hot, and flavoured with tea :)

If I drink plain water I much prefer it properly cold.
  • TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I prefer my water with hops and barley in it🍺