Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Losing 10lbs at a time.

Mari8203Mari8203 Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
Hello. I am going to take baby steps. Losing 10lbs at a time. It's is much easier for me to get those small winds than keep waiting for that large win. Lol

Replies

• LtHammerheadLtHammerhead Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    That’s a super smart approach. SMART goals in corporatespeak
  • bptgirlbptgirl Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Great idea! I’m actually setting 5 pound goals because I have between 40-50 pounds to lose and I need to feel excited about my progress with each little win!
  • heatherbluebellheatherbluebell Member Posts: 84 Member Member Posts: 84 Member
    I love this! A friend recently was telling me she is focusing on getting to the next 'decade', and I thought that was such a great way to approach it. @LtHammerhead, SMART goal for sure!
  • bricktop89bricktop89 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I'm trying to recommit to losing weight. I gained too many LBS in 2019 and more in 2020.
  • mpridehealthmpridehealth Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Awesome thinking, wishing you best of luck on your health goals. I am working on losing 35 total, but have weekly goal of 2lbs. Add me and let's support each other to our goals. Take care.
  • sljjjembecasljjjembeca Member Posts: 24 Member Member Posts: 24 Member
    🌸 loving the plan! Luck to you
  • LisAri72LisAri72 Member Posts: 59 Member Member Posts: 59 Member
    I am breaking my weight loss down into mini goals as well. I am 1 lb off of my first goal. My daughter is 19 and I will be back at the weight I was when I got pregnant with her. Then my next goal is another 13 lbs and it will be the lowest weight I have ever gotten to on mfp, with being on and off here. Then so on. It seems much more manageable if I break it down in small increments. Good luck to you 🙂
  • teresa79laurieteresa79laurie Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Completely agree, I have about 70 lb to lose and fail when I see it as such a huge amount, I have broken into 7 x 10 lb chunks, hoping this will help, have used MFP on and off for years
  • GrizzledSquirrelGrizzledSquirrel Member Posts: 113 Member Member Posts: 113 Member
    This is such a simple idea that I’m embarrassed I’ve never thought about it - but it makes complete sense - thanks!

Funny - because instinctively I know I would never complete a “Couch 2 Marathon” programme. But a Couch 2 5K followed by a 10k and progressively build up from there: sure, why not?

Why am I so “ultimate goal or total failure” when it comes to weightloss?

Thanks for the idea. I am going to focus on getting to my “no dramas” weight - i.e. the weight where I know I want to lose more but where I’m not panicking! 😄 Only I know what that weight is. 😉

I’ll decide on my next goal after that.
  • kelMee2kelMee2 Member Posts: 113 Member Member Posts: 113 Member
    I think it seems less daunting if you give yourself smaller goals rather than focusing on the overall amount you want to lose, I have 60lbs to lose and to hit my next mini goal i need to lose 9lbs. Once I reach that I'll give myself another mini goal and hopefully keep going till I reach my target.
  • wunderkindkingwunderkindking Member Posts: 343 Member Member Posts: 343 Member
    Ten pounds at a time and now 5 at a time - with diet breaks between each milestone. Sanity saving.
  • 406MamaBear406MamaBear Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member
    Yes! That’s what I’m doing, too! It just helps me to think of it in terms of a realistic goal I can continue to build on. Glad I’m not the only one. :smile:
  • holliesterrholliesterr Member, Premium Posts: 16 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16 Member
    Yes! This way of thinking worked for me. You can do this!