Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Getting Started
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

I am going to lose 70 pounds. NO TURNING BACK ... come join me!

julieguy1016julieguy1016 Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
To many group going with a single person in them. You dont have to do this alone with others like me right here and motivated. I have made a decision and invite you to join me ...I want you to come along.

Replies

• teresa79laurieteresa79laurie Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I have 70 lb to lose too, good luck we can do this
  • LisaGetsMovingLisaGetsMoving Member Posts: 550 Member Member Posts: 550 Member
    I have lost the first 15 of my 70 (ish) since joining 12/28/20. Here's the thing that most people with this amount of weight to lose already know: it's going to take a long time, it's going to take dedication and rededication, it's going to take support however you can find it. I'm walking more than I ever have on a regular basis, I'm logging in my food and exercise and eventually it's going to pay off. In the meantime, I'm building new habits, enforcing healthier choices 95% of the time, and feeling pretty darn good.

Let's do this!
  • prikozaprikoza Member Posts: 9 Member Member Posts: 9 Member
    That is so true, Lisa :) Small wins everyday will get you closer to your goal. <3
  • cyaneverfatcyaneverfat Member Posts: 527 Member Member Posts: 527 Member
    I'll go with you
  • LisaGetsMovingLisaGetsMoving Member Posts: 550 Member Member Posts: 550 Member
    Good morning all! I've been logging foods for 100 days and losing steadily until last week. My weight has stayed stuck and even bounced up a pound for at least ten days, so I guess that is called a stall or plateau which I understand are normal but I still don't like it. Finally, the scale moved downward again this morning, thank goodness. It's frustrating when you know you're not overeating but the scale goes up or doesn't budge. I think my body was holding onto a lot of water from the extra long walks and other exercises I was doing. I took two days of rest, stayed strictly within my calorie budget, drank a lot of water and then the scale moved. I thought it might because I was in the bathroom a lot yesterday, the water seemed to go right through me.

Today's Tip: You will stall in your weight loss efforts at some point. That is normal. Wait it out, be patient, and maybe try resting your body for a day.

Gratitude: I am thankful for my sturdy legs and hips and feet. I have been pushing them really hard and they have not failed me, even if the left hip is still a pain. I will try to remember to warm them up and stretch them out before I ask them for mileage.