I was worried about maintenance....

Options
2»

Replies

• John772016
    John772016 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    You. Look. Fabulous. Healthier and more visible vitality with every year: That's about as close to "reverse aging" as a human can get. Good show!

Great idea to take a picture each year, in maintenance, too! (Wish I'd done that. 😉)

Thanks @AnnPT77 !
    Started unintentionally. My sister was visiting my Mom and texted me. I replied with a photo saying 'in the gym celebrating 1 year of maintenance tell Mom I'll give her a call this afternoon.'
    Mom replied with, 'You should smile'
    So, became a yearly thing, but with a smile, lol.

• ginamyrmel
    ginamyrmel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, John. I really appreciate the pictures. I've lost 53 pounds since July of 2020. I still have 29 pounds to go and have been feeling a little discouraged as weight loss is going very slowly and although I haven't lost hundreds, I still have a lot of loose skin. I've been walking for exercise and just realized I'm free to go to our gym today as it's 2 weeks past my second COVID vaccination date! OK - now I feel less discouraged. I talked myself out of it. Thanks for being today's motivation.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,515 Member
    Options
    John772016 wrote: »
    ManlyMutt wrote: »
    This is very inspiring.. I've been reading a lot about metabolic damage from losing weight and worried I'll never be able to increase my calories once I reach maintenance calories. I'm currently 260 and on 1400-1500 calories a day. Losing weight fast but seeing you losing 110 in a year makes me feel safer in my choice.

Closer to 14-15 months @ManlyMutt
    Not knowing your stats but I'd caution you against dropping too severely, too rapidly.

When I started I cut calories drastically, dropped weight quickly and was miserable.
    My Dr. & my Cardiologist recommended that I start working with a Registered Dietitian about 8 weeks or so in.
    She immediately upped my calories and slowed down my loss to a sustainable level.
    My RD (and MFP) helped me realize I was looking for a long term lifestyle change and that would be my true success.

Best of luck to you!

This was exactly my experience. My first visit to my RD was about eight weeks on, too, and she told me “whoa, slow it down there!”

She’s also the one who referred me to MFP.

@John772016 wonderful job and thanks for sharing. I’m only a little over a year into maintenance. Someone asked me why I work so hard and I answered “I’m still running from fat?” It means a lot to hear from people who are still successfully maintaining.

@ManlyMutt strongly suggest you get an appointment with an RD. It was a pivotal thing for me. I did it through my gym at the time and it wasn’t expensive. Your health insurance or employer may even cover it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!