How much water do you drink everyday?

Options
I drink about 3 gallons everyday yes I cheat a little I use crystal lite I've drank 3 gallons for over a year now.

I can't drink water without some flavoring in less i have no other choice.

How much do you drink everyday?

Replies

• leahvolk
    Options
    not sure exactly but i know its a lot. I have a 8 oz glass with my herbalife tea scoop in it all day. always have a glass with me to sip on.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am lucky to get 64 oz a day in. I hate the taste, and generally if I drink anymore than that I add crystal light tea.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    6-8 glasses of water unflavored if I flavor it skys the limit lol
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I try to get in at least a gallon. I have never even come close to 3 gallons. You must love water.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Often/usually none at all. It's something I've always struggled with.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Probably 8 cups of water on average, but on a good day about 12-14 cups!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Usually between 20-30 cups
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I drink about 10 to 12 cups a day and my doctor is yelling at me for drinking too much. She says it's throwing my blood all out of whack. Oh well. My blood will just have to hurry up and catch up.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Maybe 6 gasses, sometimes 8, but really? I have no idea. I don't count or log water intake, I have enough with calories and macros counting.
    I drink water with my meals and in between, no sodas or juices. I am small so I don't need to drink gallons; I already make enough trips to the "john."
  • MissMollyMN
    Options
    I drink about 10 to 12 cups a day and my doctor is yelling at me for drinking too much. She says it's throwing my blood all out of whack. Oh well. My blood will just have to hurry up and catch up.

...I'd get a different doctor.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    2-4 liters - depending on if I worked out or not.

3 gallons seems an awful lot ;-)
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

...I'd get a different doctor.

It's entirely possible to drink too much and it does pay to listen to your doctor. Especially if they're saying your bloodwork is coming back 'out of whack'.
  • AstroRocket
    AstroRocket Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Not enough. All my life I've never been a big drinker, Coffee in the morning that would be it. I've set myself a goal to have 4 glasses a day but I'm struggling just to do that.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    three gallons??? what? I'm gonna assume you meant three liters. that is how much I drink every day.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    12oz coffee at breakfast
    16oz water at lunch
    16oz water at dinner OR 12oz beer OR 6oz wine

So usually no more than 44oz liquid daily. Any more than that an I'm peeing every 15 minutes for 2 hours. I drink 12oz tea some days if I'm feeling dangerous, but I always pay for it.
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Most days I drink 64 ounces. I couldn't imagine drinking 3 gallons. I would never come out of the bathroom :laugh:
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    64-96 oz a day. I pee so much now I can't imagine drinking more than triple that.

And it is possible to drink too much water. My 4'10" grandmother had water intoxication by drinking close to a gallon of water a day. It was just too much for her. Now the line of too much varies for each person. 10-12 glasses could be too much for the pp.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't flavor my water because its not water anymore once u do that lol
    But I drink between 104oz to 146oz a day. So far today I have had 72 oz n I still got to work out so i consume between 24-64 oz of water during a workout.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Can't drink the straight stuff - grew up on artisan well water, so city water carries a NASTY flavor for me. But, with a little bit of flavor, I tend to average out around 6 L per day. A really DRY day may see as little as 2 L (if I'm not working out/ out in the heat during the day) but I also have days where I'll go through 8 - 10 L without realizing it. Have to actually keep no more than 6 L of my flavored water made up at any time, or else I WILL go through it all without realizing it. Already have trouble keeping sodium balanced, don't need to guzzle more and throw off the rest of the electrolytes.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    No way you're drinking three gallons unless you are morbidly obese, or doing endurance training. That's 384 ounces a day.

If in fact you are drinking that much, make sure you are getting regular bloodwork done, you could easily throw your electrolytes out of balance with that much - which could be bad for you.