Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

It is a big number that overwhelms me!

Kwilliams75
Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
I am not new to this app but it has helped me in the past. I injured my knee about 2 years ago. Due to a high deductible, I had to wait a year before I could get surgery. I am post surgery and ready to take my life back. Looking for some new friends on here for some extra motivation while I journey to lose a 100 plus pounds!.

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,440 Member
    They say little steps are the way to go, but I also get overwhelmed by the big numbers. Best of luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Mini-goals help a lot! I set a target for 10% of my total weight, and then when I reached that goal, I made my next goal 10% of that. WHen I got closer to what I thought might be my goal weight I set my mini-goals at 5% increments.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Just had to drop a line here because I can relate. I have lost over 100 since 2007 and kept it off, aside from a 12 lb pandemic gain.
    For me the BEST thing was having smaller goals. I know if I started over 300 and had a goal of 160 there's nooooo way I would have made it. My first goal was just to be under 300, and then 275, 250, 220, 180. That worked so much better for me. I do think people are motivated in different ways but just for whatever it's worth! Good luck to you!

So great! I love hearing how people who have a huge road ahead of them and actually make it! While I don't need to lose weight, I have other issues with my lifestyle that need as much attention. That's my huge road...I guess if I can make one small thing each day and commit to it - I'll eventually get there like you did.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    If it helps, focus on the next 5 pounds. That was how I handled my weight loss journey. I did not constantly dwell on the 'goal' number. When I was in the low 180's, I looked forward to getting under 180. Then I looked forward to getting under 175. Then 170 and so on.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I hid my scale at the beginning of March and haven't looked since. As long as I know I am building the right habits, I know I am moving in the right direction.