Bed sheets

Options

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    seems about right lol. jk. It depends because I have two blankets and a sheet underneathe them so sometimes I'll just sleep on top of one of the blankets.

I change them every month or so when I am just sleeping on them...more often when the gf comes over lol
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    weekly for me. My son shared an apartment with a friend that only changed his once a year and that was only because his family gave him a fresh set for Christmas each year.

That is the saddest thing I ever heard. Hope he doesn't do the same thing with socks
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Weekly for sure and sometimes more depending upon...... :wink:
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Putting sheeting in the wash and thought of this topic
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Blech. I bet they're pretty crunchy by that point.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Weekly, please and thank you.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Weekly, more, if needed!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    TIL bedsheets need to be changed. I never knew, and I was in long term relationships with women who should have told me.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    once a week, and they have to be hung outside on the line
    even when it is minus 40 and a blizzard.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Putting sheeting in the wash and thought of this topic

YAY, hope lots of other MFPers are washing their bed sheets right now :wink:
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Depends if partner is a squirter

Stepping away from this one....

I change mine once a week or at least wash them once a week.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    blacklight test.
  • twinketta
    Options
    TIL bedsheets need to be changed. I never knew, and I was in long term relationships with women who should have told me.

You need to find a better class of woman that appreciates for your clean bed sheet dedication. Nothing worse that dirty, smelly bedsheets....Fresh n clean is the way to go :blushing:
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Once a week! I usually buy new pillows every few months, but I got these nice new memory foam ones now and wondering/hoping I can wash them instead of have to replace....
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I dated a guy who hadn't changed/cleaned his bed sheets for 8 months. When I found out I was absolutely disgusted and told him so. Of course, he thought I was totally overreacting to this information. So glad to hear other people saying they change theirs weekly :-)

And you continued dating him after you found out about this?! It could've been an indicator that he was careless about his health too...

Disagree.

When I was dating my husband he was lax about changing the sheets because 1) He's busy and 2) It wasn't on his top priority list. He is far from careless about his health.

OP: I change the sheets weekly and I'll sometimes even change them the night before we leave on vacation so that I can come home to clean sheets.:blushing:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Another first world issue. I guess getting it on in the kitchen, or on the living room carpet, or the sofa (which has no sheet) is out of the question. Heavens forbid you do it outdoors, touching nature with your bare skin is gross...

I have no problem whatsoever with changing sheets every week, but it bothers me when people suggest that doing it every couple of weeks or every month is unacceptably unhygienic, even when you can't tell the difference by sight, smell, and feel. How often do you change the upholstery on your sofa and your car seat?

Sorry. I'm grumpy today.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Another first world issue. I guess getting it on in the kitchen, or on the living room carpet, or the sofa (which has no sheet) is out of the question. Heavens forbid you do it outdoors, touching nature with your bare skin is gross...

I have no problem whatsoever with changing sheets every week, but it bothers me when people suggest that doing it every couple of weeks or every month is unacceptably unhygienic, even when you can't tell the difference by sight, smell, and feel. How often do you change the upholstery on your sofa and your car seat?

Sorry. I'm grumpy today.

Aww bad day, sending you some nature...:flowerforyou: just a little flower to brighten your day
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    1260173748463.jpg
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    At least once a week.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I'm more surprised that guys are actually using sheets than by how often they do or don't change them