Why is it so hard?

Hi all, been a long time since I posted on here. Last year I lost 6 stone on SW and had a bit of a mental health and physical health make over. I lost both my parents within 10 months of each other and felt I needed to have some control over some aspect of my life so my diet and health became that focus. I have put some of it back on and am really frustrated with myself. Why have I sabotaged myself again?
I can't seem to get back on the SW bandwagon so thought I might try calorie counting for a bit and see if that kicks me back into healthier habits maybe.
If anyone wants to be supportive and supported along the way feel free to add me as a friend too.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm really sorry for the loss of your parents.

Welcome. There's a lot of good support and information here. Many of us have found that calorie counting is a good long term weight management strategy.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    You haven't ruined your progress by gaining some back. I'm sorry for your losses and the fact that you're going through that during a world wide pandemic that is also an economic depression. Your motivation will come and go during grief storms, be as kind to yourself as you would be a loved one in your shoes. If you're committed to losing weight find out which of the many ways are the most compatible with you. I've tried many wildly different types of exercise and diets. What I personally found was that I prefer power walking for my 10,000 steps and removing dairy+ gluten from my 1720 calories w/ no alcohol or smoking. It took me YEARS to find out what works and even longer to truly commit. Not eating back exercise calories will help but you're doing a phenomenal job surviving and I'm proud of you for taking the time to apply self care in a practical form like exercise and nutrition.
  • Rach7671
    Rach7671 Posts: 45 Member
    Thank you, that is such a lovely supportive reply. X