No period for almost 7 months.

Options
2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with asking advice here. Doctors don't always have the answer.. like you said.. yours just wanted to pump hormones into your system. You want a doctor to check you out to make sure nothing is medically wrong. Most likely .. you've been dieting and exercising too long and stressed your body and your cycle stopped. Most likely..no big deal. Always nice to know for sure and that you feel good about your doctor and what you've been told.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Obligatory not a doctor. About the birth control suggestion: I have a friend who is very similar to you in terms of weight and height. She once mentioned that in her late teens (I didn't know her back then) her doctors put her on birth control to stabilize her hormones and sort of "jump start" her own hormonal production and menstrual cycle. She said the other option the doctors considered was hormone treatment usually used for menopausal women. I don't know her medical details from that time period, but at least it worked as she's now expecting her second child.

Just wanted to throw this out here, in case this is what your doctor is trying to do but explained it poorly. Still, your medication is your choice and I agree with the poster above who suggested requesting a printout of your own lab work to see it for yourself.