🍔 BURGER 🍔

Hotelsma
Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
edited May 2021 in Chit-Chat
Without a doubt best burger is Double Whopper from Burger King, convince me otherwise!

Apologies if this has been done before.

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hatch Green Chile Burger for the win. (with or without bacon)

Nothing else comes close.

Green_Chili_Cheese_Burgers_with_Crispy_Fried_Pickles_001.jpg
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    A&W and 5 Guys are both decent options if you have to go fast food. But generally speaking, I agree with the above -- the best burger is going to be from a local place, not a fast food place, not a big box chain restaurant, etc.
  • Hotelsma
    @Motorsheen does look boss I can’t lie
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    hi9mcxc0z3sg.gif
  • Hotelsma
    edited May 2021
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    A&W and 5 Guys are both decent options if you have to go fast food. But generally speaking, I agree with the above -- the best burger is going to be from a local place, not a fast food place, not a big box chain restaurant, etc.

5 guys I think is bit overrated. For us in the U.K. local burger places isn’t a thing we live on fast food joints saying that actually the best burgers is from these places qy3rlovkg80n.jpeg
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Never found a perfect burger at a fast food spot. If you’re ever in Toronto go to Rudy’s. Only two burgers on the menu but they are incredible.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hotelsma wrote: »
    Without a doubt best burger is Double Whopper from Burger King, convince me otherwise!

I was about to comment about your poor choice, but then I remembered that the UK has VASTLY different burgers in their fast food chains than we do here in the states. Anything from BK here in the states is mediocre at best (outside of their spicy chicken sandwich which was surprisingly good for a fast food sandwich).

My favorite burger (from a fast food joint) is the avocado burger from Whataburger.
    Otherwise, a homemade burger with half beef/half buffalo or deer is my favorite. Especially with some good ghost pepper cheese and ground mustard and maybe some bacon.
  • Hotelsma

I was about to comment about your poor choice, but then I remembered that the UK has VASTLY different burgers in their fast food chains than we do here in the states. Anything from BK here in the states is mediocre at best (outside of their spicy chicken sandwich which was surprisingly good for a fast food sandwich).

My favorite burger (from a fast food joint) is the avocado burger from Whataburger.
    Otherwise, a homemade burger with half beef/half buffalo or deer is my favorite. Especially with some good ghost pepper cheese and ground mustard and maybe some bacon.

@KosmosKitten please spare me, the U.K. and burgers isn’t a thing, instead we are big on curries Chinese and Turkish food had taken off though saying that a lot more non chain burgers are opening up these days but none really that memorable.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    @Hotelsma have you ever been to the US?
  • Hotelsma
    @GymGoddessGoals never but hoping to come soon as my boy has set up shop in Tampa and hoping to visit.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

@KosmosKitten please spare me, the U.K. and burgers isn’t a thing, instead we are big on curries Chinese and Turkish food had taken off though saying that a lot more non chain burgers are opening up these days but none really that memorable.

I think you misunderstand: Fast food joints that originated in the US are drastically different once they go overseas. Not necessarily better, but different. UK rules and regulations are different (and stricter) than the US ones that regulate how food is made, what is allowable filler, etc. Same with Japan. A burger from a Japanese McDonalds is drastically different tasting than one from here, for example.

Burgers from BK here in the states are.. unremarkable as I recall.

Perhaps you should head up a new trend: bringing tasty burgers to the UK.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I like burgers from Cookout as far as fast food goes. Most memorable burgers I’ve tried was a southwest bison burger from a local restaurant where you can choose from various meats and then some burger with a avocado on it from Hooters.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    BK in the US can also vary from state to state. I can't remember exactly where it was in the Northeast US - but BK's were thick on the ground and some locations were quite large with very beautifully done interiors. For fast food - everything was very good. I've also been to US BK restaurants that offered food you wouldn't eat on a dare.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    @eatpolerepeat this thread seems relevant to your interests 😝
  • Hotelsma

I think you misunderstand: Fast food joints that originated in the US are drastically different once they go overseas. Not necessarily better, but different. UK rules and regulations are different (and stricter) than the US ones that regulate how food is made, what is allowable filler, etc. Same with Japan. A burger from a Japanese McDonalds is drastically different tasting than one from here, for example.

Burgers from BK here in the states are.. unremarkable as I recall.

Perhaps you should head up a new trend: bringing tasty burgers to the UK.

Interesting I never knew this. Well I don’t know if you aware of Brexit but we may start adopting US regulation on food as those rules will start up ease. We don’t have chlorinated chicken but I believe soon we will.

I like your thinking. You could be on yo something 🤔
  • Hotelsma
    terrordawg wrote: »
    @eatpolerepeat this thread seems relevant to your interests 😝

Yesssss, any burger 🍔😋

Perfectly good response lol
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Should be the Burger Jester.
  • sdailly13
    sdailly13 Posts: 37 Member