Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    sdailly13 wrote: »
    The best burger ever was the one you didn't eat. You didn't need it. Truth

Moderator where you at???
  • Hotelsma
    sdailly13 wrote: »
    The best burger ever was the one you didn't eat. You didn't need it. Truth

I may not have needed it, but I WANTED it, and it was the BEST. Enjoy life. Truth.

Preach 🙌🏽
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Hotelsma wrote: »
    Without a doubt best burger is Double Whopper from Burger King, convince me otherwise!

Apologies if this has been done before.

I was about to comment about your poor choice, but then I remembered that the UK has VASTLY different burgers in their fast food chains than we do here in the states. Anything from BK here in the states is mediocre at best (outside of their spicy chicken sandwich which was surprisingly good for a fast food sandwich).

My favorite burger (from a fast food joint) is the avocado burger from Whataburger.
    Otherwise, a homemade burger with half beef/half buffalo or deer is my favorite. Especially with some good ghost pepper cheese and ground mustard and maybe some bacon.

@KosmosKitten please spare me, the U.K. and burgers isn’t a thing, instead we are big on curries Chinese and Turkish food had taken off though saying that a lot more non chain burgers are opening up these days but none really that memorable.

I think you misunderstand: Fast food joints that originated in the US are drastically different once they go overseas. Not necessarily better, but different. UK rules and regulations are different (and stricter) than the US ones that regulate how food is made, what is allowable filler, etc. Same with Japan. A burger from a Japanese McDonalds is drastically different tasting than one from here, for example.

Burgers from BK here in the states are.. unremarkable as I recall.

Perhaps you should head up a new trend: bringing tasty burgers to the UK.

Interesting I never knew this. Well I don’t know if you aware of Brexit but we may start adopting US regulation on food as those rules will start up ease. We don’t have chlorinated chicken but I believe soon we will.

I like your thinking. You could be on yo something 🤔

BRING ALL THE BURGERS TO THE BRITS (and other nationalities, too)! Burgers are so versatile.

Was not aware Brexit would so vastly impact your food and drink administrations.

What are chicken nuggets at fast food places like that? Uniform and weird like ours or actual chunks of chicken meat that are deep fried? I have questions since I've not been to the UK, but have been to other countries outside the US and they're all different (and serve different and interesting stuff) compared to the US locations (lookin' at you shrimp burger from McDonalds Japan).
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Im not big on the chain store burgers but my local takeaway does an awesome works burger 🤤ubrsp2txfrbm.jpg
  • Hotelsma
    Without a doubt best burger is Double Whopper from Burger King, convince me otherwise!

Apologies if this has been done before.

I was about to comment about your poor choice, but then I remembered that the UK has VASTLY different burgers in their fast food chains than we do here in the states. Anything from BK here in the states is mediocre at best (outside of their spicy chicken sandwich which was surprisingly good for a fast food sandwich).

My favorite burger (from a fast food joint) is the avocado burger from Whataburger.
    Otherwise, a homemade burger with half beef/half buffalo or deer is my favorite. Especially with some good ghost pepper cheese and ground mustard and maybe some bacon.

@KosmosKitten please spare me, the U.K. and burgers isn’t a thing, instead we are big on curries Chinese and Turkish food had taken off though saying that a lot more non chain burgers are opening up these days but none really that memorable.

I think you misunderstand: Fast food joints that originated in the US are drastically different once they go overseas. Not necessarily better, but different. UK rules and regulations are different (and stricter) than the US ones that regulate how food is made, what is allowable filler, etc. Same with Japan. A burger from a Japanese McDonalds is drastically different tasting than one from here, for example.

Burgers from BK here in the states are.. unremarkable as I recall.

Perhaps you should head up a new trend: bringing tasty burgers to the UK.

Interesting I never knew this. Well I don’t know if you aware of Brexit but we may start adopting US regulation on food as those rules will start up ease. We don’t have chlorinated chicken but I believe soon we will.

I like your thinking. You could be on yo something 🤔

BRING ALL THE BURGERS TO THE BRITS (and other nationalities, too)! Burgers are so versatile.

Was not aware Brexit would so vastly impact your food and drink administrations.

What are chicken nuggets at fast food places like that? Uniform and weird like ours or actual chunks of chicken meat that are deep fried? I have questions since I've not been to the UK, but have been to other countries outside the US and they're all different (and serve different and interesting stuff) compared to the US locations (lookin' at you shrimp burger from McDonalds Japan).

@KosmosKitten

Bring all burger to the brits is a great strap line and YouTube channel lol

Trust me brexit has opened up a whole lot of can of worms. There’s was kick back with them chlorinated chicken so now it’s will be an option fully labelled rather than regular. At the moment we get US imported stuff but it’s expensive because of tariffs so we only have a selection but that will change soon because our food won’t be regulated by the EU anymore.

In regards nuggets well I’ve be surprised if there’s any chicken in it. There not much of a big thing here unless you go McDs.

It’s true about other countries. I went to the Middle East and the kfc there is different to the U.K. for example you can get a bread roll with you meal in Middle East but not in U.K. unless it’s in a burger.
    A shrimp burger sounds amazing. You know we have just one bubba gump here and handful of taco bells. Not really big deal here.
  • Hotelsma
    tams_89 wrote: »
    My favourite is this sweet sensation burger from a street food van 🤤j0r0m4vw5inz.jpg

This looks awesome
  • Hotelsma
    edited May 2021
    Oh we also had a chik fila here but it shut down after couple of months so never got the chance to find find out what the big deal was
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Oh we also had a chik fila here but it shut down after couple of months so never got the chance to find find out what the big deal was

Not sure we have an equivalent here (Australia)
    je1gryuo8pv0.jpg

9 and 10 were Zambrero and Oporto
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member

Wait what?! It shut down? I have to wait behind a line of 50 cars to get me some Chick fil A.

It's a big deal here on the East coast
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    My granddaughter and her friend drove 55 miles—one way— to get chick fil-a yesterday. I won’t drive 3 miles.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member

Wait what?! It shut down? I have to wait behind a line of 50 cars to get me some Chick fil A.

I've never had Chick fil A
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    edited May 2021

Need to give em a try.

• Miss_Chiev0us_
    edited May 2021
    lx1x wrote: »

Need to em a try.

Cool. I'll have a Chick. Hold the fil A
  • lx1x
    edited May 2021

Need to em a try.

😆
  • Miss_Chiev0us_

Need to em a try.

😆

6yfme6z79cvz.gif
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member

Need to em a try.

👋 I'm a chick 😏
  • lx1x
    Burgers..
    ac2mgu3s7lsc.jpg

8fadg9nyz3de.jpg
    I make my own.
  • corinasue1143