Haters

Options
Hotelsma
Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
edited May 2021 in Chit-Chat
So I’ve lost abit a of weight. You could say somewhat significant amount to be noticeable. Plenty of people have commented and some havnt said anything and yes the they’ve not seen me in a while. So why is it they havnt?
Is it because genuinely not noticed or are they secretly hating?

Replies

• Hotelsma
    Options
    @vanityy99 it’s a good point that people may not want to comment to avoid any offence. I doubt it they are. I know we shouldn’t really care what people think but find it nice, boosting and reassuring when people do, makes all that hard work feel little sweeter.
  • Hotelsma
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I personally don't place value on a person based on their weight.

If you're doing it for the compliments, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. What happens if you put the weight back on? Would it be ok if I asked you if you've "put on weight?"

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it for yourself. Those who love you don't see your size...they see the person.

@Peachesand_cream of course I’m not doing for other peoples validation but it’s nice just hear just like any other compliment. Tbh me personally I wouldn’t be to bothered if someone said I did put on weight as atleast I know where I’m at and if I need to fix up, each to their own I guess.
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »
    In many circles, remarking on someone's weight loss would be considered very rude.

@MsCzar really? Bloody hell I better keep away from the success stories thread then lol
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hotelsma wrote: »
    @MsCzar really? Bloody hell I better keep away from the success stories thread then lol

lol. That's why we say it here!

When I encounter people who haven't seen me for the last year, I can see the surprise in their faces, but they dare not say a word.

• Hotelsma
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »

lol. That's why we say it here!

When I encounter people who haven't seen me for the last year, I can see the surprise in their faces, but they dare not say a word.

Do they look like this 😳
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    lol
  • Hotelsma
    edited May 2021
    Options
    hi @ReenieHJ

You’re right people are far too sensitive these days. We will become a society of non speaking people soon I’m telling you.

Oh no of course I didn’t lie. After my first little loss (20lbs) I’ve taken a little break as rest. I love my food to much plus I’m fasting for Ramadan and still exercising so it shouldn’t be too detrimental to my health. I know many won’t agree with my methods but this is how I roll. I’m only 14 pounds away from my goal so I can afford to treat myself. Life’s too short not to enjoy once in a while

Ps this got murdered last night. Not sure if you get this stuff over there.

z7cacoyw8mq7.jpeg
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options

If you're doing it for the compliments, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. What happens if you put the weight back on? Would it be ok if I asked you if you've "put on weight?"

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it for yourself. Those who love you don't see your size...they see the person.

@Peachesand_cream of course I’m not doing for other peoples validation but it’s nice just hear just like any other compliment. Tbh me personally I wouldn’t be to bothered if someone said I did put on weight as atleast I know where I’m at and if I need to fix up, each to their own I guess.

Compliments are nice sure - but I really don’t or give a chit what another is thinking - and don’t think about wether they are hating or not - you can’t control what goes on in another’s head so why be concerned with it ?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Compliments are nice sure - but I really don’t or give a chit what another is thinking - and don’t think about wether they are hating or not - you can’t control what goes on in another’s head so why be concerned with it ?

While what you say is so true and I agree 100% wholeheartedly with what you said, something in my insecure genetic make-up needs validation and recognition from outside sources. :( I'm weak that way. I'm not as needy as I used to be. I think as one gets older, perspective changes a lot. The same things just don't matter as much or in the same way as they used to.
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    @Diatonic12 @cowsfan12 you make good points. Believe me I don’t need peoples validation the numbers on the scales and cloths fitting is more than enough. I was more curious than anything but I think the touchy side of it is why people may not say anything
  • Hotelsma
    edited May 2021
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

While what you say is so true and I agree 100% wholeheartedly with what you said, something in my insecure genetic make-up needs validation and recognition from outside sources. :( I'm weak that way. I'm not as needy as I used to be. I think as one gets older, perspective changes a lot. The same things just don't matter as much or in the same way as they used to.

I don’t think your on own you own on this. When I was younger I needed that sense of validation not from weightloss but generally but as you said when you get older you get the less forks you give lol
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @Hotelsma Do you have anyone in your circle who confuses blunt, harsh, critical judgments with being honest.
    They have no filters and don't care about the personal boundaries of others. People run when they see them coming their way. What few friends they have exit and scatter to the winds making a clean getaway.

Congratulate yourself for all of your hard work and efforts. Don't let praise or criticism move or get to you. Don't get caught up in either one and be who you are.
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

i guess we do get wiser with age - or maybe just more cantankerous lol I used to care what others thought as well -but as I’ve aged I just don’t give chit - as it doesn’t matter - like @Peachesand_cream basically said - those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind - right?
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    Options

I'll take this a step further - I'd rather be complimented on the person that I am on the inside. You can compliment my looks all day long, it means absolutely nothing to me if I don't believe it myself. KWIM?

Another take (personal experience and probs way too much information.)

When I was going through my own personal struggles with an eating disorder, comments fueled me. Oh, I look great? I should keep going? Ok. I'll continue to starve myself until I meet your standard of what is attractive.

My point is this - you don't always know what someone is going through. Weight loss is necessarily always on purpose. There could be so many underlying "reasons" a person is losing/gaining weight.

I could write a book about this, but I'll shut up.

Bottom line: Be proud of your own accomplishments and don't try to hard to get fixated on other people's thoughts about their version of what's attractive/not attractive.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

I'll take this a step further - I'd rather be complimented on the person that I am on the inside. You can compliment my looks all day long, it means absolutely nothing to me if I don't believe it myself. KWIM?

Another take (personal experience and probs way too much information.)

When I was going through my own personal struggles with an eating disorder, comments fueled me. Oh, I look great? I should keep going? Ok. I'll continue to starve myself until I meet your standard of what is attractive.

My point is this - you don't always know what someone is going through. Weight loss is necessarily always on purpose. There could be so many underlying "reasons" a person is losing/gaining weight.

I could write a book about this, but I'll shut up.

Bottom line: Be proud of your own accomplishments and don't try to hard to get fixated on other people's thoughts about their version of what's attractive/not attractive.

88sih8y03882.gif