Lunch Ideas that don't involve salad

Options
2»

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Omelettes.

I've taken to adding chopped spinach to the eggs before cooking, then piling the surface high with ham, mushrooms, caramelised onion and (gasp) grated cheese...then pop the whole thing under the grill/broiler till the cheese starts going golden brown and serve it without folding.

Voila - omelette pizza.

Also, I bought a pie maker a few months ago and it's my best investment ever. A spinach/lite ricotta/cheese filling in low fat pastry is only 152 cals and makes a FANTASTIC lunch on the run. Have done similar with cauliflower in a cheese sauce. Mmmm...pies.

psstt....that is a fritatta. :wink:
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    quinoa with chopped bell peppers, onions, kidney beans

hummus and veggies + some crackers + grilled chicken or salmon

soup or turkey chili

veggie wrap with yogurt or hummus

-- as for salads, i do love them personally and agree with others that if you load them up with more substantial things like avocados and beans and meat, you might find yourself more satiated plus the textures might improve for you.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Omelettes.

I've taken to adding chopped spinach to the eggs before cooking, then piling the surface high with ham, mushrooms, caramelised onion and (gasp) grated cheese...then pop the whole thing under the grill/broiler till the cheese starts going golden brown and serve it without folding.

Voila - omelette pizza.

Also, I bought a pie maker a few months ago and it's my best investment ever. A spinach/lite ricotta/cheese filling in low fat pastry is only 152 cals and makes a FANTASTIC lunch on the run. Have done similar with cauliflower in a cheese sauce. Mmmm...pies.

psstt....that is a fritatta. :wink:

You say fritatta, I say potato...:wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with sandwiches. Just use whole grain bread.
  • yeags84
    yeags84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for the wonderful recommendations! I definitely need to start cooking more at night so I can have leftovers the next day, that's a great idea! Also, the lentils/beans/extra protein recommendations are great as well! I don't eat lettuce, but I do eat spinach, so maybe adding some of these to my spinach salads will help them stick with me longer!

Thanks!!