Would you marry me?

13»

Replies

• NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited May 2021
    just joking!;) Americans don't speak proper English, anyway, haha.. I think because I have ancestors from different places and they spoke so many different languages that sometimes my comprehension of English gets a little discombobulated!
    @springlering62 Did you mean shopping for material goods or shopping around for women to date!?:D
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited May 2021
    NVintage wrote: »
    just joking!;) Americans don't speak proper English, anyway, haha.. I think because I have ancestors from different places and they spoke so many different languages that sometimes my comprehension of English gets a little discombobulated!
    @springlering62 Did you mean shopping for material goods or shopping around for women to date!?:D

I did mean men shopping for “better” women.

@fitom80 your English is excellent. So many youngsters here in the US use awful English on social media. I know language is a fluid thing. I just wish people would appreciate more that it’s also how people perceive you.

My son in law is Russian, immigrated to Germany at age three when the Wall fell, due to food shortages in the Soviet bloc, speaks fluent Russian and German. I was blown away that he speaks English with very little accent. I asked him how he learned such superb English.

He claims he learned it from listening to rap.

He has the best grasp of American slang of anyone I know. He’s like a walking “Urban Dictionary”. We’ve tried to trip him up. It’s impossible.

Rap as education. Who would have guessed?

SMH. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I would absolutely take you for a test drive.... Kick the tires...
  • fitom80
    fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
    @fitom80 your English is excellent. So many youngsters here in the US use awful English on social media. I know language is a fluid thing. I just wish people would appreciate more that it’s also how people perceive you.

My son in law is Russian, immigrated to Germany at age three when the Wall fell, due to food shortages in the Soviet bloc, speaks fluent Russian and German. I was blown away that he speaks English with very little accent. I asked him how he learned such superb English.

He claims he learned it from listening to rap.

He has the best grasp of American slang of anyone I know. He’s like a walking “Urban Dictionary”. We’ve tried to trip him up. It’s impossible.

Rap as education. Who would have guessed?

SMH. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Thank you, you are so generous :blush: He could be a good mate, I speak both German and Russian (or I did since I have no chance to use them regularly). I've learned similarly - when I was younger ham radio, computer and later documentary movies. And slang is the biggest challenge for me even lot of imagination is sometimes not enough :smile: ;-) so the "rap" was a good/practical way.
  • fitom80
    fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I would absolutely take you for a test drive.... Kick the tires...

I drive only older company opel...so I can kick the tyres literally only :smiley: