Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Struggling with low carbs, high protein meals

SheisFitMelSheisFitMel Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
in Recipes
Hi Friends, :)

I am a newbie on this journey, on it just under a week and managed to lose almost 7 lbs, but it has been a struggle - dietwise.
I am suppose to consume a low amount of carbs and until now, hadn't realized that carbs are in almose every-damn-thing and LOTS of it! :#
Can anyone share some low carb, high protein, low fat recipes ... meat and dairy free preferred, but not mandatory. It has been easier to find meat and diary replacements than Low Carb, go figure! :o

Replies

• ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter Posts: 45,210 Member Member, Greeter Posts: 45,210 Member
    Why low carb? A calorie deficit is all that's required to lose. But if that's your CHOICE and can do it FOR LIFE, then there are low carbers in the GROUPS section that could advise you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SheisFitMelSheisFitMel Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    My short term weight loss goal calls for low carb - high protein - low fat, as a healthy way to lose weight. I do imagine weight maintenance requires different caloric composition, but that is not where I am currently. Do you have food suggestions?
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 39,306 Member Member Posts: 39,306 Member
    My short term weight loss goal calls for low carb - high protein - low fat, as a healthy way to lose weight. I do imagine weight maintenance requires different caloric composition, but that is not where I am currently. Do you have food suggestions?

Low carb is just a way of limiting calories...in and of itself carbohydrates have zip to do with weight management. It's also going to be pretty difficult to go low on two of the three macro-nutrients (carbs and dietary fat) and have any kind of diversity in your diet. Most people low carb, high fat, moderate protein.

For what you're wanting to do, pretty much meat, poultry, fish, vegetables.

edited May 29
  • crackon20crackon20 Member, Premium Posts: 12 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12 Member
    I have lost weight limiting refined carbs. Fruits and veggies are carbs. They are good for you. Limit bread, pasta, rice, and other grains. So...refined carbs, processed carbs are out. Sugar added to foods is out. You will be fine and lose weight.