Vitamix owners

lkn42
lkn42 Posts: 37 Member
I’ve been wanting one for a few years now. I’d be thrilled with a Vitamix or a Blendtec. I currently use a $70 Ninja for my smoothies which I make several times per week. My Ninja works “okay” but man would I love to be able to get that super smooth smoothie consistently.
My issue is that our kitchen is tiny and we don’t not have a dishwasher. I’d hate to spend $350 or more on a super cool blender and then have it get all gunky and yucky because it’s tough to clean properly. This has happened with my Ninja but because it’s only $70, it was no problem for me to simply throw it away and buy a new one. That wouldn’t be possible with a Vitamix or Blendtec.

What’s your experience? IS it difficult and time consuming to clean by hand?

Replies

• playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    I’ve had the same vitamix for 10 years without a dishwasher. The trick is to just rinse it right after you use it. They also say a good way to clean it is to fill the container partially with water and a drop of soap, let it run for like 30 seconds. Afterwards all it needs is a rinse. The plastic container does eventually get the mineral build up but the cloudy look of the container doesn’t bother me. I love my vitamix and it’s like my baby lol.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    I’ve had the same vitamix for 10 years without a dishwasher. The trick is to just rinse it right after you use it. They also say a good way to clean it is to fill the container partially with water and a drop of soap, let it run for like 30 seconds. Afterwards all it needs is a rinse. The plastic container does eventually get the mineral build up but the cloudy look of the container doesn’t bother me. I love my vitamix and it’s like my baby lol.

Exactly this. Wash it right afterwards. If you make something and end up with leftovers, transfer the leftovers to some other container. Love love love mine.

I’ve read that drying the vitamix right away with a microfibre cloth prevents the build up and a baking soda water paste will remove it if already present. Haven’t tried either though.
  • GigiAgape1981
    GigiAgape1981 Posts: 64 Member
    Blentec(same one)owner for 10+ years. LOVE it! I like the fact that the blades aren't sharp so there's no cutting yourself hazard. I never put jars in the dishwasher. Cleaning jars as @playhardkf2017 describes is a breeze. In the last several years I purchased Twister Jar plus an additional Fourside jar to replace an older looking one. Twister Jar is awesome for making hummos, nut butters and instant ice cream! Although I've never owned a Vitamix I highly, highly recommend Blendtec. When mine eventually dies I will replace it with another one! 😊
  • lkn42
    lkn42 Posts: 37 Member
    Oh wow. I should have asked you all about this sooner! Thanks!
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Vitamix blenders are not dishwasher safe. To clean it you just rinse it, fill it half full with hot water add one drop of dish detergent, run it on smoothie setting, then rinse again.

When we first got ours we used it daily. Now we use it about once a week.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    My main issue is it makes my ears bleed.

All I have to do is get it out and cats scatter. They know.
  • chrisalexander851
    chrisalexander851 Posts: 14 Member
    Same as above, just rinse right away and add a bit of dish soap with hot water and blend for a bit if necessary