Exercise almost 💯, eating… help me

Hey everyone! Hope y’all are doing well. I’m finally starting to get tired of my eating habits. I’m struggling to keep my 3 square meals a day. I take a medication that sort of stunts my appetite during the day so I like doing that half asleep eating at night, which is horrible. Breakfast is fine because meds kick in late morning. Thinking of trying the smoothie way, but wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas. Thanks y’all!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    If 3 meals a day doesn't work for you, it's OK to follow a different eating pattern. Consider looking into OMAD (One Meal A Day) - I don't personally follow OMAD so I don't have much specific info on it other than it exists, but it sounds like it might fit your personal schedule/rhythms.
  • AdidasAddict79
    AdidasAddict79 Posts: 17 Member
    Wow.. I’ve never heard of that, but I’ll check it out right now. I preciate that very much!
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    It's not when you eat but what and how much. So if your appetite is suppressed morning and night you could do 1cup bag salad plain and a protien bar and have notable night time calories to play with while also making sure you have energy in the day by eating a little bit. If you're eating to much or very unhealthy at night I recommend pre making that while your appetite is suppressed so you cant over eat your servings.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    *morning and afternoon
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    There's an OMAD group here on this site, it has a lot of resources. Really however you like to eat is up to you.

Good luck, here's a link to that group. You may have to "join" it to post there, can't remember. I'm a member so I can see the listings and post there if I want to.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/20634-omad-revolution
  • AdidasAddict79
    [
    It's not when you eat but what and how much. So if your appetite is suppressed morning and night you could do 1cup bag salad plain and a protien bar and have notable night time calories to play with while also making sure you have energy in the day by eating a little bit. If you're eating to much or very unhealthy at night I recommend pre making that while your appetite is suppressed so you cant over eat your servings.

Great advice! I will definitely try pre making because I do eat large portions. My snacks are much healthier than previously. Thanks again.
  • AdidasAddict79
    There's an OMAD group here on this site, it has a lot of resources. Really however you like to eat is up to you.

Good luck, here's a link to that group. You may have to "join" it to post there, can't remember. I'm a member so I can see the listings and post there if I want to.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/20634-omad-revolution

Thank you! I’ll send a join request. I didn’t expect to get anything on the post, so it’s nice to know y’all are so helpful.