Huge Woman with Huge Goals Looking for Weight Loss Buddies

Options
denisemlarnder
denisemlarnder Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, you can call me Denise. I'm 28 years old, 5'5", and last week I was 350 lbs. Yes, you read that right. I am HUGE and I just can't live like this anymore.

I've weight cycled and yo-yo dieted since I was a child. But I think the reason I always failed was because I restricted too much. It was too extreme. So now I'm taking a healthier approach. I have my account calibrated for 1 pound of weight loss per week, but it's been 3 days of being under my calorie goal and I've already lost 9 lbs. (These online BMR calculators are *kitten*.)

Anyway, I'm looking for weight loss buddies who are starting at 300 lbs or heavier. Let's help each other! :)

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Friend me!…I started at 350 and 2 years later I am at 241….. it can be done!
  • DaneOK
    DaneOK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am starting at 433, looking to lose over 200 pounds till my ultimate goal!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,470 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! It’s so refreshing to hear that you’ve studied what went wrong and have a plan this time. I absolutely love this!!!

This group is very supportive:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • lgfaciane
    lgfaciane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Looking for support. It's one of the keys to staying consistent and on track I started at 285 now I am 213. Looking for a crowd that's also on the journey that can be positive support for each otherlxmj236jlrlw.jpg