Remind me why I shouldn't eat too few calories

Options
It's sooo tempting....

Replies

• fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to? I prefer to eat more to lose weight.
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my brain still defaults on me and tells me if I eat less I'll lose weight better. I know it's not true, but the last two days I can't seem to shake the temptation.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you already know why and do not need a reminder.....make a choice.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    too, adverb
    1.to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively
  • conniesqueen
    conniesqueen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you wanting to consume? And are you talking about just for the first few days?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    too, adverb 1.to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively
    used in a sentence ...chief rockas profile pic is almost too sexy for this thread too sexy new york and japan lalala.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Because you want to keep your metabolism up to speed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Because you want to keep you metabolism up to speed.

This and because it's much easier to stick to a new 'diet' if you're not starving and depriving yourself.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Because you want to love yourself and the body you are in now as you build toward the body you want to inhabit in the future. You deserve to be healthy and happy and not eating enough calories will send you down a road you no longer want to travel.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean, op! Things that I do to fight lowering my cals are:

1. I read the forums on this subject. There are groups you can join too. Browse the groups.
    2. I think about where am I going to lower my cals to once my losing slows down or stops. I can't live on 1200 cals for the rest of my life, much less even lower than that.
    3. I don't want to be miserable while losing.
    4. Who am I to be so damn impatient lol. I truly believe patience pays off.

Well, I hope this helps some :) Read read read success stories.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I know when I look at my food diary and see the long list of foods I've eaten I can't help thinking that's a lot of food for that low amount of calories. But then I remember before I'd eat higher calorie/carb/fatty foods and now I eat larger portions of fruit and veg that bulk up my meals and I've started eating a big breakfast (I know not everyone enjoys a breakfast, but it works for me) which has made a big difference.

You have to change your whole way of thinking about food and calories.
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :) I'm feeling better now. I think I'll go eat something.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    too, adverb 1.to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively
    used in a sentence ...chief rockas profile pic is almost too sexy for this thread too sexy new york and japan lalala.

In for a great ref. No way he's disco dancing...
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My hair was falling out, would rather that didn't happen again
  • AdanaDjor
    Options
    because if you eat not enough your body goes into starvation mode and thats not what you want

24229895.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Because if you're adequately fuelling your body it will be able to work more efficiently to do, among other things, stuff like build muscle and burn stored fat.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    4 WORDS - chocolate w/ peanut butter
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Do you feel guilty if you eat too much or feel too full? Is that why you're having a harder time getting up there in calories?

Here are a few foods that are higher cal, are great sources of proteins and good fats, but won't fill you up to the point of bursting:

-Full fat cheese, a 30g piece is around 120 calories. You can get snack size blocks of cheese at the grocery store.
    -Icecream/frozen yogurt. Around 250 calories for 1/2 cup. If you're worried about sugar, you can get low sugar varieties.
    -Whole milk. Around 150 calories per cup.
    -Almonds, pistachios or any other nut. Excellent source of protein and good fats. 1/2 cup of pistachios is around 160 calories.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Becuase it is in your best interest to eat ALL of your calories to achieve your goals.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :) I'm feeling better now. I think I'll go eat something.

Glad you've decided to eat something but since you brought it up... What about eating too few calories tempts you?
    Is it the perceived notion that this will somehow be of more benefit you? Because, it won't.