Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Back from picking Dan up, the produce manager in on vacation and then will be moving within the company to another Job,i should suggest to him to try out for it..
    His schedule this week is all over the place and it really puts a cramp in anything i want or need to do,but he has this week and next and then he is on his own
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Kiz North Florida hello there, nice to meet you! I'm on Whidbey island in the Puget sound area of Washington State. Yes the quotas are ridiculous, and the amount of sailors they allow thru is really low. For my youngest overseas sailor they allowed 100% of the sailors going for 2nd class in his rate, but it was like 20% advancing into 1st class. So youngest will most likely be a 2nd Class for awhile. For my eldest sailor son, it was 60% advancement 2nd to 1st this testing phase. In the scheme of things, it takes a lot of followers to make the Navy run as it should.👍💖. If there are too many "cooks in the kitchen" its chaos! Lol!
    Rebecca
    💖
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well going to try and get some sleep,this time tomorrow night ill be hooked up with wires on my head lol wuah me luck
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :) One the most freeing things I've done for myself is to stop giving gifts and asking others to not give me any gifts. We send a modest check to grandchildren under age 18 on their birthdays and that is all.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Jaimie – welcome! There are lots of women here who have over 100 to lose!

Somebody hit (not bad but bad to Vince) his pride and joy. We don't know when it happened. This is the car that if it's raining out, he doesn't take it out. The mechanics know that if it's raining out, he won't be in if he has an appt. They've mentioned to him in joking (??) that his wipers will rot out....lol

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) One the most freeing things I've done for myself is to stop giving gifts and asking others to not give me any gifts. We send a modest check to grandchildren under age 18 on their birthdays and that is all.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Lee and I are the same. While I do make a box for Christmas for Athena, a gift for her, and cards for each, I don't get Birthday gifts, mothers day gifts. I am fine with a nice meal! My MIL still sends money to me for my birthday!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did the second part of Cathe Xtrain DVD then went for a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Core Fusion (this is a pilates) DVD

Kylia – thank goodness you missed that deer! They can really do some bad damage. I get my honey from a man down the street from me who has hives in his backyard

Debbie – all the reviews I’ve read about the air fryer lid say that you can’t cook as much in the IP. Yet, how much do two people need? And it’s not like I’m cooking for grandchildren. Denise never comes here and won’t for a long time. Jess will soon have her career and most likely a home. But who knows where?

Michele NC

If you are going to do much drying, it would take a LONG time to do enough to make it worth it with the air fryer lid. If you really want to dehydrate a lot, a dehydrator is the best bet- They are just about $40 on Amazon(I just sent one to former dh for his birthday)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday. Well I did get to go home for 8 hours, but did not get much rest. One **** strom went through, 85 mile hour wind and hard rain. DH checked the window in the basement we have problems with and it did leak. So have the fan going on that to dry the carpet out and hoping we don't have to pull the paneling down again. Then the hospital called as a wind blew out and they were not sure who to call. So I am back at work until atleast 6pm and see what happens. Lots of water everywhere inside the hospital.

Tracey--HR knows and says they are doing what they can to find help, but people do not want to work. What great memories. It doesn't matter what something costs, the fact that we spend time with our grandchildren is what makes the lasting memories. The chair is so cute.

Girl still not back tonight, so I got someone to come in and work the 6p-6a and I will be back in the morning. Had to let the lady know last that I will not be there to do Sunday school tomorrow. I am praying they find and hire someone soon as this is just not working out for me.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE Where another thunderstorm is going though. Not as bad as last night some wind and heavy rain. <3

Is yours a private hospital?

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    jaimie1757 wrote: »
    Hello, Ladies!

It's my first week back on the wagon. I saw my cousin on Father's Day, and she suggested we team up and be serious about our weight loss goals again (in the past, we've done WW - but separately). It's so nice to have her with me - we text each other every day now, and I'm feeling like we can actually do this thing this time. She recommended that I check out Pahla B's YouTube channel and I'm trying her 5-0 method, and landed here to count calories. Hadn't given my weight a second thought in quite a while! Sooo... Anyone else got 100 to lose? :# ..when I weighed myself I was 25 less than I thought, so that's good. lol
    Is there a group for 50+ women with a long journey ahead?

welcome Jaimie- LOVE your profile picture. Hamsters are my favorite- used to raise them plus hubby #1's nickname

Debbie
    Napa Valley Ca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I tracked for 1st day in a while and went WAY over in calories. Had a store bought GF muffin and about 60g of alternative sugar (but not low cal) chocolate! very little movement today. very tired.

a new day!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Grateful
    Lovely weather
    Summer lull
    Quiet
    friend S
    a video that was made
    home

Good things done yesterday
    took notes on project
    nice call with S
    tiny walk
    had groceries delivered
    minor cleaning
    sorted out thing with short video to be published

To do today
    walk to pool
    swim
    by insect product
    work on writing
    once over cleaning
    track

fun: get coffee
    dreamy: plan week

creation: do sketch and write, write - very briefly - about motivation for writing to get me going
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    from yesterday
    Plan Today: >>>

15-25 min cardio at +115 HR (walk, swim or exercise bike) NO, TO DO SUNDAY
    review and take notes on adviser's notes, (audio and written) prep for appointment YES LISTENED TO AUDIO, TO CONTINUE SUNDAY
    listen to her message NO, TO DO SUNDAY OR MONDAY AM
    write to her (?) NO, MONDAY
    clean 15-60 minutes YES
    produce good/ok pages of writing to send NO, TO DO SUNDAY OR MONDAY
    read some key material NO, DO TO SUNDAY AND MONDAY
    go through at least 1 of late library books, and take notes NO, TO DO SUNDAY AND MONDAY

fun: read paper and do sketch and take notes at café ;YES little moment in tiny public park, maybe lie down in grass: NO IT WAS RAINING, TO DO SUNDAY both of these are much nicer in early morning when there are not too many people.

end of day: walk, meditate ? plan next day's work? NO, TO DO SUNDAY

maybe: get/order new glasses; for reading or progressives NO, TO DO MONDAY

Have seen and spoken with friends a bit this week, so I feel ok about a more working weekend.

need discipline!
    and energy!
    and inner motivation, to activate action for outer motivation.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    7501itn6ncam.png

totally!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

<3 Barbie in NW WA

exactly

my mom (anti-gift giver for bdays xmas obligatory dates) was happy to give things to others on other days but not by obligation. it's so much more uplifting to give something (maybe tiny) spontaneous and as a surprise to others (and maybe to us) when the we feel inspired to.