WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Kiz I hope the poor baby finds a good home! So sad.

Annie in Delaware

Thank but I've done foster care as a foster parent and it's a terrible system. Many of the foster parents actually have like 6 kids and do it for the money which is laughable because they don't give you enough money to pay for a child and their typical needs. Being a baby he may have a better shot at a decent temporary home. Obviously we will work to get the baby back with the mom. She didn't do anything and wasn't involved. It isn't like on going neglect or abuse it was a one time thing by dad while she was gone shopping. Even if there was something earlier she had no idea the baby is only 2 months old and can't communicate.

She is willing to do whatever they want to get her son back. I think though the social worker is pushing them around because they don't know what they can do or can't do and aren't used to dealing with government.

I don't know anything about Alabama's DHR system but here in Florida parent do have rights.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Karen Happy Birthday to you :flowerforyou:

Katla Happy Birthday to you :flowerforyou:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Update on parking. They park a disabled car directly across from my garage. It is up on a jack. I called the owner of the property and am giving the problem to them. If they cannot sovle it I will call the city.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Karen - Oh yes, it's your birthday today!!!!! Many happy wishes to you. <3

Kiz - So sorry for what you are all going through. Must be so worrying. HUGS <3

Penny - I get my arms out about once a year! I am very self conscious about them, but it is HOT here right now. This was around 10.15 am.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    Karen, happy birthday!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 2hrs 53min 45sec, stopping the clock, still have to fold and put away laundry, but dusted, moved some furniture around, vacuum etc= 814c

Going camping tomorrow . Today is my 3405 logging streak day. Got another donation for my upcoming MS Ride, upto$395!
  • pegss0115
    pegss0115 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 50+++. I need to learn to regulate my diabetes. I hope to get some tips. I'm not sure I'm doing this posting stuff correctly.
    Thanks!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    KATLA. Happyyyyy bdayyyyyyy !!!!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    pegss0115 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm 50+++. I need to learn to regulate my diabetes. I hope to get some tips. I'm not sure I'm doing this posting stuff correctly.
    Thanks!

welcomeyou did the right thing by posting here. You will get lots of support and encouragement here. Take baby steps making changes and read this thread daily or more often to remind yourself that your health is important. Also seek every possible opportunity to be active

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I walked twenty minutes. Yay! First time since the basement flooded.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Kiz - you and they can find most of the info on the foster care system in their state online... But a woman's shelter/battered woman's hotline can also help direct you to someone to help you and them get the information that they need.

Kim

ps have the mom find and sign up for a parenting class - it may not really be something she needs but that will be an in to tons of resources and the judge will consider it as a good first move. If she is "churched" the staff at any variety of religious organizations also can help.
  • kizanne2
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Kiz - you and they can find most of the info on the foster care system in their state online... But a woman's shelter/battered woman's hotline can also help direct you to someone to help you and them get the information that they need.

Kim

Thanks. I have been on their site. It doesn't seem to have detailed answers. Ultimately it comes down to the judge but that mean social worker as the judge just gets a report from the social worker.

It's complicated by the fact child services assigned her a lawyer but the lawyer hasn't answered a phone call from a week ago and told her not to talk with child services without her. As someone whose been involved in my state from the other side in other cases, I know it is important she be contacting the worker, taking the classes and doing whatever she can to show she is a good parent interested in getting her child back. But I can't tell her to go against the lawyers advice and the lawyer hasn't returned her call.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla,

Happy, Happy Birthday! and many more...

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Rrrr
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    Reading but nothing to add to what has already been said. 😂 Not usually lost for words.
  • kizanne2
    Options
    Ok so today I had a combination of stress eating and ending a fast eating.

Done for today. Tomorrow is a new day. I ate a few too many carbs not that much but stuck with foods I normally would eat just too much dairy. That's partly for the microbiome since I did a cleanse I drank some raw milk, kefir, fermented cheese.

I am going to exercise and bring it down a little but hey a 'high day' every now and then is ok. Though I don't consider 1450 calories high. It's just above my goal. I don't care that much about calories but I"m mad that I ate when I wasn't hungry just upset. I really have to train my brain to stress exercise LOL>
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA - hope the cataract surgery is swift and successful, with an easy recovery.

Karen VA - happy birthday!

Kiz - hope for the best outcomes for everyone in your family. I dealt with something similar when I was stationed in England, and my niece's three-month-old son ended up with a spiral break in his arm as well as obvious older, healed breaks, and shaken baby issues, as well. The niece was at a different Air Force base, and in the end, my brother (her father) had to adopt the baby to get him back to the family. There, two governments got involved, both the US military and the UK social workers. It's never easy--but the boy and his mother came out of everything fine-he had a number of surgeries later in his childhood to make his eyelids work like they were supposed to, but no cognitive impairments. The father spent some time in the stockade, and the UK government declined to try him. Don't know where he ended up.

Weird day - never settled to anything, just sort of wandered around.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did Yoga for Weight Loss DVD. There are quite a few programs on this DVD so I’ll probably be doing it for a few weeks. Then went for my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD. Last week someone was in the room and I couldn’t use it right then so this time I’ll take my other gym bag with me and if someone is using the room, then I’ll do a spinning workout.

Yea Annie DE!

Rebecca – I remember PJ would kiss Vince good night but turn away from me. Yet, when he wanted to be picked up or have something to eat, it was me that he went to

Went to a few Dollar General stores to get more of the towels. I was surprised how many DG’s were out of them. I’m thinking that we’ll stop at the DG in Hickory when we go to ceramics Wednesday night.

Barbara – I wouldn’t think you could make lemon pie filling in advance. I would think that it would set up while it was in the refrigerator then make it hard to pour into the pie shell

Made more chocolate bran muffins today and have yogurt in the IP cooking. Should be done early tonight

pip – I like the new chandelier better than the old one. Good buy

kiz FL – that’s neat that you can test your blood at home. I never knew that you can do it! I believe that God has a plan, whatever it may be, and He will take care of the baby. Trust in Him. My heart breaks for you

pegss – welcome! You did a wonderful job posting. Come back often.

Making more of the towel toppers. Vince wonders what I’ll do with them all. I will probably give some to the Board members at the condo, some to the soup kitchen for their benefit, they are nice to have as hostess gifts. I’m sure there will be lots of other things that come up so I’m not worried. I’m reviving my sourdough starter right now so I may make a loaf of bread and give some towels to the new neighbors. I really want to finish 1-1/2 of some so that I can put them in the dryer and give them to the gals at the church when I go to count on Tuesday.

Looks like they’re going to have the mahjongg online tomorrow. Supposed to rain tomorrow so I don’t think I can go by the pool (boo).

Maybe I will go for my nightly walk. The weather.com just says that it’s supposed to be cloudy.

Michele NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    bwcetc wrote: »
    I've started doing something else too ... using Grandma's "good" dishes. All my plates were dirty the other night and I didn't want to eat on paper, so I pulled out my grandmother's china! Seriously, it hasn't seen the light of day in years ... what good is that? I had to explain why women even had china to my 23 year old son. His generation will never use it, so there's no one to leave it to. I'm going to enjoy things now.

Beth near Buffalo

Mine's in a glass door cabinet so I can see it all the time. But we don't use it because we don't entertain.

M in Oz

Machka ... we don't entertain either ... so now I'm using it on a daily/regular basis.

Beth