Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,962 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, T’ai Chi, dogs to powerline, called R,
    Bonus: reconciled credit card statement, another hour combing Tumble.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, make whey lemon pie filling, follow up incorporate Doreen’s and Chief’s response and send out minutes, reconcile Medicare part B statements, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: drop off cookies, transcribe district volunteer forms, research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, Monday confer with Susan and Rhonda about interest for serving on next board, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    22-find 3 things you feel hopeful about and write them down. 1. Joe’s positive attitude, 2. Joe’s healthy choices. 3. The possibility of going to the Skye Terrier Specialties and meeting Jinx’s breeder.

Oops, didn’t post yesterday, was too pooped from dog group.

Welcome @cantstopher! Congratulations for taking off those 50 lbs. Heightened cholesterol and pre-diabetes just don’t seem far, but I believe your commitment to increased exercise will help both.
    Heather “… my favorite day” :love: Congrats on the editing and additional writing.
    Viv fingers X’d for the Dr. Appt.
    Kylia “just plants” can mean a lot. Mama left Papa for a few days after he (accidentally) dug up a plant she’d brought home from her brother’s funeral.
    Lisa Oh that Levi! We call that “boo boo face.”
    KJ hope your kiddos heal soon. Love hearing about your “week”s. Do you put “warning letters” in Tim’s file? :laugh:
    Julie SMH at optician not testing for astigmatism, but hardly surprising considering her “manager.” So sorry you were subjected to such treatment. Will you review the shop on social media?
    Debbie sounds like your mom really needs more, consistent help than she’s geeting from the neighbors. Would she consider turning part of the garden into a 4H project next year? The kids could do the work, under her supervision, then sell and deliver to the restaurants, and split the proceeds with your mom payment for land rent and her expertise?
    Rita stunning California poppy in the New Mexico desert. Would you be sad to leave or are you ready for a change in scenery?
    Rebecca prayers said and sent. RHIP, so hard to understand. Is Athena fishing? Looks like she’s not so sure about that bait…
    Katla waiting on microwave and stove installer for over a month? However did you cook? So glad to hear new are installed!
    Allie fingers X’d for next Thursday’s neuroopthamologist appointment.
    Machka I’m a little jealous, I can do nothing without my glasses but sleep and shower.
    Tracey two years is a long time to suffer with no diagnostics tests. Good luck on the 5th! Thought the same thing about KJ’s monarch eggs… ;)
    Barbie “…gave myself a sticker…” Love it!
    Evelyn belated best birthday wishes! Loved Driving Miss Daisy, especially the scene where she let her driver know that since he knew his letters he could read enough to find the name she was looking for.
    Karen :love: the pic of Olivia and Phoenix!
    Penny what you said to Michele about time. Truth that!
    Kiz thank you so much for sharing your testing schedule and journey. How did you get your insulin tested?
    Margaret six wasp stings, owowowow. Wasps are one of those “whatever was God thinking…” things, like mosquitoes and poison oak.
    Carol prayers for your friend. Are there any churches in her area whose members volunteer to drive seniors to Dr. appts or the store?
    Annie so glad Henry took it calmly and the corgi was able to walk. It could all have been so very much worse.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 21, weigh/wii: 20/0/0; steps>6701=5222, vits=19, log=21, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=16, Shadow=17, mfp=20, outside=26, up hill=21, clean 10=7.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=3 PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=3. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8 7/25: 7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=14 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

That is a great idea. I will suggest it to her plus I can talk to a friend(her sister was my BFF until she passed away-friends since the first day of 5th grade) who is a 4-H leader.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Eeeeee
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Snowflake - i embroidered once and it took me forever, ill go to Michael's and see what they have to at least make something.
    Got Dans clothes done and picked him up from work and tomorrow take him to Triple A to renew his license .
    Then he works 2-6 on Saterday and then im done hauling him around.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Evie Happy Birthday!

Karen in Virginia
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,962 Member
    Options
    Athena and parents went to a nearby falls. Not fishing. Just Athena being her sweet self!

Update! Son and 5 others were found guilty of not wearing their masks, but no disciplinary actions taken. Nothing put in his record. Husband and I both breathing a sigh of relief. 💖🍀👍
    We need to go out and celebrate!!!
    Hugs!
    Rebecca

wow- such great news!!!! Thanks for sharing - yes, time to CELEBRATE

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Wwww
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,352 Member
    Options
    Did toning segment of Gilad 45/45 Split DVD then took my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Reebok Step the video DVD.

Made pineapple zucchini muffins for me (there are raisins in it so there’s no way I can hide them from Vince). Then cut the grass (thank goodness it isn’t humid here) then in the pool.

Evelyn – happy birthday

Lisa – Oh Levi, my heart’s a flutter. Can you just see him and Athena together?

M – congrats on getting that chair and your run

Margaret – wasp stings really s***. Feel better fast. We have a WHY (wasp, hornet, yellowjacket) trap by the pool. I got it at Lowe’s Hardware. It catches EVERYTHING from wasps, hornets, yellowjackets to flys, mosquitos, moths, beetles, etc. Only I use applejuice as the attractant. I read that the stuff they give you when you buy the trap really doesn’t work all that well plus is expensive.

Rebecca – good thoughts Update: PHEW!!!!

Sue WA – How I miss my water aerobics class! I really wish the gym I go to now had a pool

Went to WalMart and then played mahjongg by the pool.

Debbie – that sounds like a real good deal to me. Win-Win for everyone

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    Options
    Rebecca That is awesome news!

So I googled Healthy Chicken Salad recipes this morning. Found one on ifoodreal dot com. That was lunch today. It was yummy! More plain yogurt with only a little mayonnaise. I am finding it hard to get enough calories when I make good choices, cook at home, and am full most of the time. ( I know, such a tough problem(sarcastic)) I added 1/2 cup of greek yogurt tonight with berries just to bring it closer. Was too busy at work to snack!

Katla I know this about her. It just is hard for me to swallow. My son in law is fit to be tied. She had an appointment this morning, so didn't get to work until 11. No biggie except we were busy and my son in law is currently doing pick up and delivery as well as all the other stuffs he does. I had no back up. Luckily, as long as I say hi, most customers are great! Of course, when she gets there, she has to do "her work" (which I understand, but what about mine?) I had to ignore the phone so that I could get stuffs done and she would answer sometimes! She didn't pass on the message that a customer wouldn't be home until 4 to me or son in law, so he wasted 1/2 hr going to pick up a unit only to have to go back out again to pick it up. Couldn't ask her about it as she left at 3 as he was pulling in without so much as a *&%$ you. Once again, we got busy. Some guy tried to jump the line by handing his claim check to DH who then stops me to assist. I told him the guy would have to wait. He had two people in front of him that had been waiting longer! SMH! We were busy until 5:20. Son in law mad that he had to leave me to go get the mower. Yes, son in law has my back, but you can only lead the horse to water so many times before it dies of thirst because it won't drink. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. Usually I schedule before work, but doctor changed it to 9:15 (we open at 9). Sis in law will have both my DH and son in law to assist her. Whew, didn't mean for that to be so long, sorry.

Anyways, I finally got the kitchen cleaned, floor mopped, had my hot tea, and am heading to bed! I keep saying I have work to catch up on, but no one seems to care until they do.....Maybe, just maybe, I can get some invoices done tomorrow-hahaha!

Have a wonderful evening/day!
    You are all WONDERFUL!
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio where oh yeah, the guy putting down the grass seed didn't feel like it today
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Ever have one of those moments where you've been doing something because you were told to do it that way. And suddenly you GOT it?

This time, it's a bit of SQL code. I use it relatively frequently and have had several people try to explain how it works to me but I've just had to trust them because I did not get it.

Yesterday, the light came on!

It seems so simple now! :)

Rhody (our small black cat) is interested in the new chair. LOTS of sniffing going on and an attempt to scratch but I shooed him away. He can go underneath it which pleased him immensely!

In preparation for the arrival of the new chair and with the process of moving stuff, I vacuumed the place, including edges and in behind things. :) I love a freshly vacuumed house!

M in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Ugh Vertigo kicking in this morning and dont like it one bit..
    Alfie is under the covers ,hogging the bed so hard for me to get comfortable.
    Will go get Homer out and rhen pick up Dan anf take him to Triple A..i suggested that he get a haircut before going as he his hair is messy.. but im guessing he wont do it.
  • kymarai
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Karen - Gorgeous! :D

This morning I finished the first edit of my memoir. :o:o:D:D
    I still have a bit of work to do and must change some names! I've been a bit inconsistent with that. I have changed the name of the only well-known person, but I think I ought to protect others, who may still be alive. Don't want to get sued. Or hurt their children if they are dead. One good thing about being so old is that a lot of people are dead! :p

One interesting thing is that, while I was reading through, I came across episodes that, at the time of writing, still made me feel shame to remember. I said so in the book.
    I can truly say that the episodes have lost all power over me and I have not given them a thought until I read them again. The power of putting it down on 'paper'. I feel as if they happened to someone else.

I also want to write an Introduction this time. Putting it in context. I had some feedback that it would have been useful for the first volume to do that.

Went for my 5k run first thing. Beautiful day. B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    Sue -
    So glad your surgery went well and that your recovery is on track. Many thoughts for traveling grace as you make your way to go to your mother's to bring her home with you.

Son and 5 others were found guilty of not wearing their masks, but no disciplinary actions taken. Nothing put in his record. Husband and I both breathing a sigh of relief. 💖🍀👍
    We need to go out and celebrate!! Rebecca

Rebecca -
    Such good news - hope you all did go out and celebrate!

Kylia -
    Your absence will speak volumes this morning as you head for the doctors, I'm sure.

Rita -
    Love your morning meditation walk image...

Weird, angsty day yesterday - one of those where you feel as if you're spinning in circles without accomplishing much. The blood cortisol levels were normal from the test on Wednesday, which is good.

Still trying to recover from finishing the quilt, and to start figuring out the next two or three designs.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa