Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 28min 28sec, 3.26ap, 83ahr, 115mhr, 8.03mi= 794c
    Strava app = 973c
    Zwift home spin bike- 37.41min, 776elev, 138aw, 68arpm, 134ahr, 159mhr, 17.67amph, 11.1mi= 349c
    Zwift app = 299c

Total cal 1143

No gym workout, visiting mom
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of love to Allie. <3<3<3

And extra love to anyone who needs a shot. <3 Challenges are very challenging. <3

Many, many best wishes, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Any of you in the pacific northwest feel the earthquake up near alaska?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Allie)))

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Katla in NW Oregon, Woowsa, you were a brave little girl, I could never go hunting, too scared!! My Dad went hunting once, when all of my sisters and I were young. He shot a deer, and we stood around it bawling, "you shot Bambi"!!! So... Consequently he never went hunting again! Lol
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Rebecca at whidby island - damn straight housecleaning counts as exercise… I count it every Sunday

Woohoo! I tried to look up vigorous vacuuming on the exercise part, but couldn't! No worries, I don't need to actually post exercise to make it count. I sweated, and I had my apron on, so its SO my exercise.😁🙃💖👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Tracy, funny story. When I married Lee, we started our marriage with a great bedroom set that we bought. Big headboard, wide board for frame, dresser with mirror and shelving that sat on the dresser. Two nightstands, and a 4 drawer dresser. Everything shiny wood with that beat with a chain nicks here and there. So, before we moved overseas, I looked thru his old photo albums. During his first marriage, he had the exact same bedroom set! Haahaa! You'd THINK he would've looked at the set at the store and remembered! But men don't think like that. I would've NEVER picked that set! So in Japan my poor movers at our Japanese off base home, they had to haul that heavy furniture upstairs! Being Japanese, as they were walking thru the front door they'd kick off their shoes. One kept saying, "no, no bedroom downstairs ok"? We would say, "no upstairs". I think they then used some Japanese profanities... Lol! Our dresser came thru the window with ropes.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Hugs Rori!! My thoughts are with you! So are so strong, even though some days you might not think you are.💖.
    Tight hugs from Whidbey gal
    Washington
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did Body Sculpt Upper Body and Waist DVD then took my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to use the stairstepper.

M – yea for no appointments

pip – you’re as old as you feel (that’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it)

Just came in from the pool. Going to get my hair trimmed in a few

Starting to get ready for our Newcomer pool party this Saturday. I’ve ordered a cake with a picture of our pool on it. One guy was going to bring a pie but he just told us that he can’t come. I think I'll make a pie. I don’t know why, but for some reason right now I’m not really into it. That’ll probably change tomorrow and/or Saturday.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Tracey that sounds rough.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hello
    in quite a bad mood yesterday and
    did nothing
    hopefully today will be better.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's real singing was a nice change from Zooming. I talked to a few people, tried to learn their names,(!), chatted over tea, and one very nice woman gave me a lift back to a much better bus stop for a bus that took me straight into town. Normally, I would have then waked home, but I was carrying a heavy folder of music, so I caught our local bus.
    I sang lustily! DH did join by Zoom, but the connection was poor and then it threw him out. He was not happy.

The food delivery was a bit late and I had to complain about the green beans. It's unusual for their products to be substandard. They are good about refunds.
    Only just hit maintenance on calories (not loss) as I had a rare Pernod stiff drink. It served to remind me thst I'm better without it. :# I still have wine occasionally, but not nearly as often as I used to.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie -– Good luck with your MRI. I had one in the past and so did DH. I can’t say I loved the experience, but it wasn’t painful. I’ll be interested in your thoughts after you go through it. :flowerforyou:

Allie — We did not feel the earth quake near Alaska. I wonder whether our Canadian friends felt it. :star:

Rebecca — When I went hunting with my dad, he was hunting on a friend’s property for China Pheasants. I was the dog who flushed the birds. I did not bring the dead birds to my dad. He needed a real dog for that job. The pheasants were beautiful. :wink:

(((Tracey))) -- Sorry for your frustrating day at work. :flowerforyou:

I have been knitting a baby blanket for our future grandson and am almost half way through it. I’ve been working on the top half. When the bottom half is done the blanket will be will be a square. I have made one of these for each of our grandchildren when they were babies. This is for grand-baby #5. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    elkaa6aqs98x.png

That's my husband next to his bicycle ... and mine is the blue one. :)

Machka in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, 40 mins vacuuming, 10 mins light cleaning
    Bonus: fire district application v1.3, started learning Tequila Little Time (in my head I’m confusing this dance with Homesick Heart?), veg and fruit prep for Joe, 96 mins dinking around the garage and garden, transplanted Joe’s free flowers, step count thanks to YNP Secret Pools hike Youtube.
    Get to do: take BP, T’ai Chi, dogs to powerline, make goat milk cheese, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    29-Be a realistic optimist, focus on what could go right: surprise opportunity to vacuum this morning, Yay! :laugh:
    30-Reach out to a friend, family member or colleague for support: or offer some ;}

Joe went into town this morning so I seized the moment and got some long overdue vacuuming done.

Julie read this and thought of you and your thesis: https://medium.com/counterarts/you-are-not-lazy-or-undisciplined-you-are-experiencing-internal-resistance-755a02673aa9 Especially this part: “There’s another reason why I think we should treat internal resistance as a form of wisdom rather than a malevolent opponent. It holds a lot of knowledge about what we secretly believe we might be able to do. As in: your brain wouldn’t be so afraid of the costs of you doing the thing if it thought you were going to do something forgettable and inconsequential.” Sorry to hear of the difficult reaction your friend had to your news. You’re right, there needs to be balance in listening to each other, so sharing your news was appropriate. You are not responsible for his inappropriate reaction, but it’s good of you to try to understand its source.
    Pip hooray for first auto deposit!!!
    Allie fingers Xd for the ultrasound and the pics of your eyes. Never heard of 4D images?
    Margaret reading about your Hmong neighbors reminds me of the Clint Eastwood film Gran Torino and his character’s “Everybody blames the Lutherans.” In the midst of a very serious, moving film, that line made me laugh out loud.
    Debbie glad to hear of your mom’s home improvements, even though I’m sure she’d rather still have your Dad around…
    Rita aaauugggghhhh! Spider on face? I’m shivering/shuddering in sympathy.
    Tracey “…give it another few years and it will be fashionable again” probably about when I finally skim coat and paint it. Ours will never be fashionable again, it isn’t real wood, just wood grain appearing paper on Masonite. And peeling. Hooray for the grands turning around your day.
    Katla “… he needed a real dog for that job.” :laugh:

Time to snooze a bit before T’ai Chi.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 31, weigh/wii: 28/0/0; steps>6701=7141 vits=26.5, log=29, CI<CO=26, CI<250<CO=25, Tumble=20, Shadow=23, mfp=28, outside=36, up hill=30, clean 10=19.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=3, PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=4. Sat:PW=4. rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8
    7/25: 140.4  7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=20 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW