What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    That today is only Thursday.
    Why couldn't Thursday call in sick just once?
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    Someone was sitting in the parking lot when I rolled in at 10 to 8 and they are parked in my boss’s unofficial spot and they had the nerve to ring the doorbell before my computer had even booted up and when I finally got to the door to answer it they weren’t at the door they were back in their car and they were just sitting there and their appointment isn’t until 830 and my boss isn’t even in yet
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    "Do better."

Not just because I just read it in a post on here but I watch a tv show and in any of the preview threads on twitter, anyone who doesn't like a storyline or a character or whatever says that.

*kitten*, you don't like it, write your own damned soap opera and get it on the air.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    Someone was sitting in the parking lot when I rolled in at 10 to 8 and they are parked in my boss’s unofficial spot and they had the nerve to ring the doorbell before my computer had even booted up and when I finally got to the door to answer it they weren’t at the door they were back in their car and they were just sitting there and their appointment isn’t until 830 and my boss isn’t even in yet

How long did it take you to answer the door?? :)

(I'd have found a place to walk around and been there like a minute before my appt. I also don't unlock *our* door until 10:00 when we're really here by 9ish. People are annoying. :) Except I answer if they knock so what's up with that?)
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited January 2023
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

How long did it take you to answer the door?? :)

(I'd have found a place to walk around and been there like a minute before my appt. I also don't unlock *our* door until 10:00 when we're really here by 9ish. People are annoying. :) Except I answer if they knock so what's up with that?)
    It probably took me close to a minute. I wanted to wait until my calendar booted up so I could see who the appointment was and then I had to go all the way down the stairs. I didn’t have my glasses on so I couldn’t see if the person could see me but I did gesture come on in and I got no response as far as I could tell so I closed the door and let them sit there. They rang the bell again about 10 minutes before their appointment which was fine. We’re on some really beautiful grounds with plenty of places to walk but this lady was coming from out of town and was probably a little intimidated by the rural setting. (Plus many of our clients are elderly and disabled though this one was not.)

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    My daughter's are text fighting and sending me screenshots of the conversation. They're too old to send them to their rooms.... so I'm just gonna leave them on read
    I wonder if this is a gender difference. My kids ignore text messages, get loud with each other, and throw an occasional punch
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My daughter's are text fighting and sending me screenshots of the conversation. They're too old to send them to their rooms.... so I'm just gonna leave them on read
    I wonder if this is a gender difference. My kids ignore text messages, get loud with each other, and throw an occasional punch

I really wish they'd just do this and get it out of their system.

They're such polar opposites - one is confrontational, the other passive. They'd never fight like this in person, they'd slam a door and ignore one another for days....then I'd have to fix it.

They have a very close relationship, and I'm beyong grateful for that. But...leave me outta this one please and thank you
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,223 Member
    Options
    Snow....and why people seem to forget how to drive in it
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

They're such polar opposites - one is confrontational, the other passive. They'd never fight like this in person, they'd slam a door and ignore one another for days....then I'd have to fix it.

They have a very close relationship, and I'm beyong grateful for that. But...leave me outta this one please and thank you
    It’s good they have each other. And I think you’re making the right call staying out of it🤣❤️
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Clocks with Roman numerals should have the numbers right side up like so
    672saakk1qzi.jpeg
    I mean imagine if we did Arabic numerals like this
    0olv4shixxq6.jpeg
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited January 2023
    Options
    unironic use of the word ‘indeed’
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

Just reply to both with a popcorn eating gif - is what I’d do -

• tigrig
    tigrig Posts: 659 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    When a woman holds the door open for me and stares at my joggers the whole time. My eyes are up here Ma'am
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    tigrig wrote: »
    When a woman holds the door open for me and stares at my joggers the whole time. My eyes are up here Ma'am
    People are gross
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,619 Member
    Options

fyhxmt89roha.gif
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

fyhxmt89roha.gif

🤣🤣
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Sound advice!
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Sound advice!

Follow for more pro life tips 😉

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,619 Member
    Options
    Commercials trying to fool people into buying “gold clad” coins.
    They do everything they can to make it seem like they are solid gold.
    They are not!
    Clad or plated means they put an ultra thin layer of gold over a regular coin.
    Complete rip-off.