What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,550 Member
    Options
    That even in Oklahoma where oil wells are everywhere, the news organizations do a pisspoor job of researching facts.
    Yesterday a pumping unit located about 1.5mi from my house broke a rod or something and sprayed some “fluid” around for literally about 4-5mins.
    All the “fluid” was contained on location and in no way threatened anyone unless you stood and drank it.
    The news told people in the area to Shelter in place.
    Totally ridiculous.
    Of course the local news channel I saw it on is not owned by an Ok company so I shouldn’t expect the truth.
    It does irk me though.

• SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    That even in Oklahoma where oil wells are everywhere, the news organizations do a pisspoor job of researching facts.
    Yesterday a pumping unit located about 1.5mi from my house broke a rod or something and sprayed some “fluid” around for literally about 4-5mins.
    All the “fluid” was contained on location and in no way threatened anyone unless you stood and drank it.
    Totally ridiculous.
    Of course the local news channel I saw it on is not owned by an Ok company so I shouldn’t expect the truth.
    It does irk me though.

never trust the news
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Totally ridiculous.
    It does irk me though.

never trust the news

Truth my friend
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Tradesman not showing up at the time they say they will 😐
  • Rotavele_
    Rotavele_ Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    How coddled kids are today. As a kid I lived on jolly ranchers that were like razor blades!
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    It’s cliche but I’m remember things in the past that my ex said no to that we should have done.
    He was wrong. Omg, I said it! 🤣
    So great at attaining things,
    not so great at holding on to them.

Does this include his wonderful and beautiful ex-wife? 🥰 He was wrong!
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,043 Member
    Options
    StoryMap JS
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Bank Stocks
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    LOL my boss and I got sick at the same time and every time he coughs, I feel the need to cough but I'm irked mine is so weak when he really sounds sick!

(I know I'm weird. :))
  • _Redux
    _Redux Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    LOL my boss and I got sick at the same time and every time he coughs, I feel the need to cough but I'm irked mine is so weak when he really sounds sick!

(I know I'm weird. :))

Sounds like the pandemic version of the Budweiser frogs.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Accept a fr only to discover his profile page is locked.
    What is the ******* point?
    Dumped.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,790 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    On this current project, I'm working alongside someone I wouldn't normally choose. We were contracted separately and told we were handling different parts of the same job. Even though we are equals, she's acting as if she's in charge (telling me what time to come in, even though I have a schedule I'm perfectly capable of reading, and frequently reminding me about our file management process, even though she's the one that keeps forgetting to move files when she's working on them). Frankly, she's adequate but not great at her job, so I'm having to pick up the slack. I was supposed to leave Thursday morning but I changed my flight to a red eye tomorrow. It can't come fast enough. (I think if I was getting more sleep I'd be more patient.) Vent over
    Thank you for the hugs... 😍
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Accept a fr only to discover his profile page is locked.
    What is the ******* point?
    Dumped.

they were playing hard to get 🤣
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My coworker had on black socks with white shoes...
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Give me a minute, I’ll think of something………..🤨