• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,571 Member
    Options
    Poured the bowl of cereal….didn’t have enough milk 😔

Oh man…….🙁
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm irrationally annoyed by electric bicycles. That's all.
  • Sweatinginmy40s
    Sweatinginmy40s Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Oh man…….🙁

I know right???
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,833 Member
    Options

Oh man…….🙁

I know right???
    Didn't someone suggest the crazy idea of pouring the milk first?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,833 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    We had an hour off for lunch, so I took 15 minutes to eat, then placed a Starbucks mobile order. Round trip to that location is 20 minutes, which should've put me back on my job site with 25 minutes left on my lunch hour. I got there only to discover the lobby was closed, necessitating an additional wait in the drive thru lane in order to pick up my drink. I'm back with 8 minutes to spare, so I'm not late, but still...
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Ugh coming down with a respiratory infection :/
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Ugh coming down with a respiratory infection :/

Hope you feel better Mark
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have a chronic gut condition that’s been flaring up recently and want my nutritionist to help me figure out what my trigger foods are. She’s insisting the food isn’t causing the flare-up (even though the symptoms get worse after eating) and just keeps telling me to eat more veggies and drink more water. I’m tired of being in pain and feeling like I have no control, and I don’t know why I can’t get people to understand that 😞
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,215 Member
    Options
    Always having to take control and make things work. Just once I'd like to be a background character. It must be nice
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Another cloudy, cool, gloomy day.
    Ex woke me up early with a less than pleasant phone call and my mother has called me multiple times to nag me about something that is not my responsibility to fix.
    She talks to me like I’m an idiot child, not an old lady.
    I’m done today.
    They can all leave me alone.
  • Mewpasaurus
    Mewpasaurus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    How hard is it to merge when you have a whole *kitten* lane to do so and no one is gonna hit you????
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    She talks to me like I’m an idiot child, not an old lady.

My dad does the same. I want to remind him I've got a graduate degree and am considered one of the top experts in my field, I'm not 8 any more.

Oh well. He's the one person who's never going to see me as aged.
  • ythannah
    Options
    I have a chronic gut condition that’s been flaring up recently and want my nutritionist to help me figure out what my trigger foods are. She’s insisting the food isn’t causing the flare-up (even though the symptoms get worse after eating) and just keeps telling me to eat more veggies and drink more water. I’m tired of being in pain and feeling like I have no control, and I don’t know why I can’t get people to understand that 😞

Have you ever done a low-FODMAP diet? My doc stuck me on one (even though my issues are post-surgical and not food related) and it's supposed to eliminate a lot of problematic foods, which then get added back in gradually to see what the culprit is. "More veggies" might not be the answer since the FODMAP diet forbids quite a few of them (all my favourites, naturally).
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I have absolutely no inclination to compete with them.
    I’ll keep my comments to myself and they can think of their own clever compliments instead of poaching mine.
    Melissa don’t play that. 😶
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    That I’ve forgotten what I just thought of to post. 🤪
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Have you ever done a low-FODMAP diet? My doc stuck me on one (even though my issues are post-surgical and not food related) and it's supposed to eliminate a lot of problematic foods, which then get added back in gradually to see what the culprit is. "More veggies" might not be the answer since the FODMAP diet forbids quite a few of them (all my favourites, naturally).

I’m looking into it, probably going to start tomorrow. It’s supposed to be done with the support of a nutritionist, but since mine’s not listening to me, I’ll just try it myself and do the best I can. I had another symptom flare this afternoon and I’m just completely over it at this point.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Being drained today. Ready to hit restart and try again tomorrow.
  • Moijojito
    Moijojito Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ben &jerrys advertising on tv more than usual.. or is it just moi? 😝
  • ythannah
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I’m looking into it, probably going to start tomorrow. It’s supposed to be done with the support of a nutritionist, but since mine’s not listening to me, I’ll just try it myself and do the best I can. I had another symptom flare this afternoon and I’m just completely over it at this point.

It's a VERY restrictive diet and you'd need to be super diligent to get adequate nutrition on it but my doc was fine with me doing it for 30 days despite the fact that I really needed to gain weight at that point. I might have lived almost exclusively on hard boiled eggs and homemade rice krispie squares though. And this horrendously overpriced specialty bread that tasted like cardboard.

There are good resources online, particularly Aussie sites. I think one of their universities is the leader in FODMAP research. Loads of recipes online too.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,215 Member
    Options
    The giant blister in the instep of my left foot. It's about the size of a nickel.