What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Not being able to sleep in, wake up slowly even on the weekends.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I opened up a jar of no sugar added sunflower butter maybe a week ago...probably less...and half of it is gone. None of it is logged. I live alone. Just dipping the spoon in (not even scooping any out!).

I CANNOT have an open jar of nut butter anywhere in the vicinity of my person.

This reminds me of when I thought I was going to be some kind of prepper or something. I had giant 5 gallon buckets full of brown sugar and flour and I don’t even know what else. I had a huge supply of chocolate chips in the freezer. Every time I walked by the freezer I’d grab a handful. What should’ve been at least a two year supply was gone in a couple of months.

Also one day I went down to the basement and found my two little boys running their toy trucks through a mountain of brown sugar on the floor.

Long story short, I did not move to Idaho and I now let Walmart store my supplies for me. Personal growth
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,332 Member
    Options
    Catching my Boy's summer cold
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I opened up a jar of no sugar added sunflower butter maybe a week ago...probably less...and half of it is gone. None of it is logged. I live alone. Just dipping the spoon in (not even scooping any out!).

This reminds me of when I thought I was going to be some kind of prepper or something. I had giant 5 gallon buckets full of brown sugar and flour and I don’t even know what else. I had a huge supply of chocolate chips in the freezer. Every time I walked by the freezer I’d grab a handful. What should’ve been at least a two year supply was gone in a couple of months.

Also one day I went down to the basement and found my two little boys running their toy trucks through a mountain of brown sugar on the floor.

Long story short, I did not move to Idaho and I now let Walmart store my supplies for me. Personal growth

LOL!

I watched those prepper videos and told my husband we needed to get some supplies. I soon lost interest but always make sure to have enough toilet paper cuz I have Post Traumatic Toilet Paper Disorder from the pandemic.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Brigit02 wrote: »

LOL!

I watched those prepper videos and told my husband we needed to get some supplies. I soon lost interest but always make sure to have enough toilet paper cuz I have Post Traumatic Toilet Paper Disorder from the pandemic.
    There are probably three or four things I try not to run out of. TP is one of them. But also code word: bidet.

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,184 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to sum it up…

Someone asking what your body goals are. While also telling you what they prefer. When you have zero interest in telling them and couldn’t possibly give a single *kitten* what they’re preference is. Bonus irk if it’s from a complete stranger.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I’m trying to sum it up…

Someone asking what your body goals are. While also telling you what they prefer. When you have zero interest in telling them and couldn’t possibly give a single *kitten* what they’re preference is. Bonus irk if it’s from a complete stranger.

It’s time to delete the internet.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    I’m trying to sum it up…

And everyone irl?!🤯I wish it were limited to online strangers my friend.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    I’m trying to sum it up…

And everyone irl?!🤯I wish it were limited to online strangers my friend.
    This continues to flummox me. The only time I’ve ever been asked my body goals IRL was by my coach or that one time the old biker dude who wanted to make sure I was lifting heavy enough and was offering to spot. Maybe it’s because I don’t look like I lift
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I’m trying to sum it up…

What kind of question is this??!! I hope you responded to be healthy and able to move. Cause what a stupid thing to ask someone else....unless they're your personal trainer and kinda need to know for work purposes
  • MelG7777
    Options
    I’m trying to sum it up…

What kind of question is this??!! I hope you responded to be healthy and able to move. Cause what a stupid thing to ask someone else....unless they're your personal trainer and kinda need to know for work purposes

Something along the lines of “how skinny do you want to be? I like thick”🤢

Cuz the general population cares why? I responded by blocking and hoping he never sees me again at my side gym.😫

NTS: change FB privacy settings so random people can’t send messages because they “kinda” know you or something
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I’m trying to sum it up…

Something along the lines of “how skinny do you want to be? I like thick”🤢

Cuz the general population cares why? I responded by blocking and hoping he never sees me again at my side gym.😫

NTS: change FB privacy settings so random people can’t send messages because they “kinda” know you or something

What a douche. It's amazing how some people think they get a say in a woman's weight
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Mosquito bites and summer colds
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,084 Member
    Options
    It depends,
    if I let myself slip into my 30yr old mindset, lots of things irk me.
    If I am able to stick by the older, wiser, smarter me there isn’t much that irks me.
    Crapshoot
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I thought there was a way to report people on the app but i don't see it anymore under the profile or in the spam messages they send, can only block the user. I guess that side of the app doesn't care anymore
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    When creating my menu for the week pre-grocery shopping, I checked the weather forecast. Sunday was supposed to be hot and sunny all day, zero percent chance of a storm. So I planned to light the burn pit on the back deck, roast hot dogs and s'mores, didn't bother to thaw any other meats.

All day Sunday was gorgeous...right until minutes before we were about to light the fire. Wind, rain, thunder, the works. We decided to wait an hour, see if this sudden weather swept through, but it was still bad an hour later. Fine, meal plan scrubbed, nothing else thawed for use, I'll run out to get some cheap pizzas.

Soon as I get home with the pizzas...weather's beautiful again.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,210 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    When creating my menu for the week pre-grocery shopping, I checked the weather forecast. Sunday was supposed to be hot and sunny all day, zero percent chance of a storm. So I planned to light the burn pit on the back deck, roast hot dogs and s'mores, didn't bother to thaw any other meats.

All day Sunday was gorgeous...right until minutes before we were about to light the fire. Wind, rain, thunder, the works. We decided to wait an hour, see if this sudden weather swept through, but it was still bad an hour later. Fine, meal plan scrubbed, nothing else thawed for use, I'll run out to get some cheap pizzas.

Soon as I get home with the pizzas...weather's beautiful again.

Again… Murphy’s Law
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,326 Member
    Options
    Capital beltway traffic. 😖
  • Dega_1996
    Dega_1996 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This heat! ☀️
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I thought there was a way to report people on the app but i don't see it anymore under the profile or in the spam messages they send, can only block the user. I guess that side of the app doesn't care anymore

You can flag their posts. If more people do it (I think it needs 3 flags), mods will look at the profile.