What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,993 Member
    Options
    My allergy spells. I was perfectly fine yesterday until I wasn't lol. Went to Aldi because I needed a few things and before I left I started sneezing. Then my eyes started getting watery. More sneezing. Then after I got in my car, I had a full blown sneezing spell 😩 I was sneezing for 4 hours. I don't understand why I go from zero to 100( actually, I'm not surprised 😂) took 2 allergy pills and I went to bed. Made me miss my gym workout 😡

Interesting enough the AQ was *kitten* here yesterday and the last time I had an allergy attack was 3 weeks ago when we had really horrible AQ cause of the fires. I'm just blaming that and my after covid immune system.

Do I sound irked enough? Lol

Yeah I’ve been trying to work on my cardiovascular health recently and it has been difficult because of the air quality and I just haven’t had the same breath since Covid. TBH it’s never been great but this wheezing is ridiculous
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My allergy spells. I was perfectly fine yesterday until I wasn't lol. Went to Aldi because I needed a few things and before I left I started sneezing. Then my eyes started getting watery. More sneezing. Then after I got in my car, I had a full blown sneezing spell 😩 I was sneezing for 4 hours. I don't understand why I go from zero to 100( actually, I'm not surprised 😂) took 2 allergy pills and I went to bed. Made me miss my gym workout 😡

Interesting enough the AQ was *kitten* here yesterday and the last time I had an allergy attack was 3 weeks ago when we had really horrible AQ cause of the fires. I'm just blaming that and my after covid immune system.

Yeah I’ve been trying to work on my cardiovascular health recently and it has been difficult because of the air quality and I just haven’t had the same breath since Covid. TBH it’s never been great but this wheezing is ridiculous

Have you considered asking about using an inhaler?

I have one coworker who just refuses to acknowledge that he has asthma. He coughs every day and you. can. just. hear. it.

Trust me. I'm a doctor (except I'm not, I just have asthma)
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    It used to bother me when shaking hands if somebody tried to do the dominant hand on top thing. Like my boy, I will *kitten* you up.

Then it bothered me when people would intentionally do the palm up hand on the bottom thing. Because ew. I did not agree to top you.

& now I just think touching is gross
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    It used to bother me when shaking hands if somebody tried to do the dominant hand on top thing. Like my boy, I will *kitten* you up.

Then it bothered me when people would intentionally do the palm up hand on the bottom thing. Because ew. I did not agree to top you.

Yea. What happened to a good old fashioned hat tip or salute or song and dance greeting?
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    edited July 2023
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

Yea. What happened to a good old fashioned hat tip or salute or song and dance greeting?

This got replaced by men in fedoras saying, "mi'lady" and then no one wanted that anymore
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

How bout
    jzzeeyx7tswa.gif

• jbs116
    Options

This got replaced by men in fedoras saying, "mi'lady" and then no one wanted that anymore

or bowing or sniffing faces or an ovation...
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

I have one coworker who just refuses to acknowledge that he has asthma. He coughs every day and you. can. just. hear. it.

Here’s the problem with that

I loathe doctors
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,150 Member
    Options

I must be leading a sheltered life because I have never run into either one of these hand-shaking types. The worst for me is some guy who thinks he has to crush my hand when shaking it. Who is he impressing? Not me with my newly broken hand - that's for sure
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I can’t believe Howie Mandel was right
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options

I loathe doctors

Teleheath? You can pretend you're talking to anyone on the other end of that phone (just don't get too weird about it because they don't like that)
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited July 2023
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

I must be leading a sheltered life because I have never run into either one of these hand-shaking types. The worst for me is some guy who thinks he has to crush my hand when shaking it. Who is he impressing? Not me with my newly broken hand - that's for sure

Really? I have had several types of handshakers in addition to the dominant and submissive ones.

When I was younger the most common type were men who didn’t feel comfortable shaking a woman’s hand and they would just grab my fingertips.

Another type of would clasp my hand between two of theirs in a very warm kind of greeting which wasn’t always terrible

And there are women who are usually just happy to be treated professionally and they just shake like a normal person

And of course they are the hand crushers

And occasionally an ordinary guy who knows how to shake

• itchmyTwitch
    edited July 2023
    Options

I loathe doctors

Teleheath? You can pretend you're talking to anyone on the other end of that phone (just don't get too weird about it because they don't like that)
    No I’m going to suck it up and actually go to a medical health provider because I give good face.

Thank you for the push because I thought I was just going for general Adulting purposes but now I have incentive.
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    edited July 2023
    Options

I loathe doctors

No I’m going to suck it up and actually go to a medical health provider because I give good face.

Thank you for the push because I thought I was just going for general Adulting purposes but now I have incentive.

I'm glad to hear it and you're welcome!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    That new car smell 🤢
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I knew my ex MIL would never leave that crap hospital.
    They expect her to pass away at any time.
    😢

💔
  • cmsienk
    Options
    😢
    That's so wrong
  • jbs116
    Options
    😢

Sigh. I’m so sorry to hear this.
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    😢

So sorry 😞