What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I have a couple bugs squatting in my microwave display area. How in the hell am I supposed to get rid of them without taking apart my microwave???

euzhrfj620zq.jpg

Hellllllllll
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,319 Member
    Options
    I have a couple bugs squatting in my microwave display area. How in the hell am I supposed to get rid of them without taking apart my microwave???

euzhrfj620zq.jpg
    mhtt4ghkr3ai.gif
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

euzhrfj620zq.jpg

That’s pretty freaking gross
  • Moijo02022
    Moijo02022 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Nasty little biatches behaving like school kids online.. at your ages it’s laughable 🤣
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,650 Member
    Options
    @nonchalantxo I've had this microwave for a loooooong time. I'm not letting these things be the reason I finally open my backup microwave. (I bought it when I thought this one was on its last legs but it proved me wrong.)

@cmsienk I googled if raid would be a good or bad thing. I kinda found it funny I wasn't the only one with this problem. (Raid's bad.)

@renydo2 I know, right???

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    @nonchalantxo I've had this microwave for a loooooong time. I'm not letting these things be the reason I finally open my backup microwave. (I bought it when I thought this one was on its last legs but it proved me wrong.)

@cmsienk I googled if raid would be a good or bad thing. I kinda found it funny I wasn't the only one with this problem. (Raid's bad.)

Google suggests microwaving lemons …

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I use lemon juice mixed with water to steam clean my microwave. At the very least your kitchen will smell like lemons. But you might actually drive those suckers out where you can use other methods to 💀 them.
  • glassyo
    Options

I use lemon juice mixed with water to steam clean my microwave. At the very least your kitchen will smell like lemons. But you might actually drive those suckers out where you can use other methods to 💀 them.

I microwaved a bowl of lemon juice and one of those suckers is still in there. The other was taking a break before the lemon juice.

What are those, anyway? Cockroaches? I wonder if my shop vac works. 🤔
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options

I microwaved a bowl of lemon juice and one of those suckers is still in there. The other was taking a break before the lemon juice.

Yeah. Most likely cockroaches.

Further google search suggests you might be able to freeze them to kill them.
    If you have a chest freezer that can get to 15F or lower.
    This Reddit thread has some information
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuestions/s/T4JIAvXAeG
  • glassyo
    edited June 10
    Options

Yeah. Most likely cockroaches.

Further google search suggests you might be able to freeze them to kill them.
    If you have a chest freezer that can get to 15F or lower.
    This Reddit thread has some information
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuestions/s/T4JIAvXAeG

Nope, only a small freezer full of blueberries, strawberries, chicken, and other stuff I still don't recognize myself because. :)

I saw another thread where someone used a gel bait that works. Maybe I'll look more into that.

Oooooooo what about WD40???? We had ants at work and normal spraying didn't do anything so I sprayed some WD40 on a whim and it killed them dead.

Ok, just googled it and you'd have to right in their face and the cowards only shielded by the display glass.

(I was SERIOUSLY proud of myself for fixing the ant problem, tho.)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    Having to be on-call this week and therefore being unable to celebrate Father's Day with my kids on Sunday

I’ll be working to dude - sucks
  • Yourmomsproblem
    Yourmomsproblem Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My mfp newsfeed is goneeeee. Officially.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    My mfp newsfeed is goneeeee. Officially.

:'(
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    What irks me?

Passive aggressive star bellied sneetches who wouldn’t know how to be supportive if their actual literal lives depended on it.

Everything is always and only about the perspective of the Big Political Movers in town. If you’re not in the right clique? You might as well not exist.

• AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Being sick when i have so much to do this week.
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Britney griner being voted into the USA Olympics basketball team.
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,724 Member
    Options

because she's arguably one of the ten best players in the league?
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,333 Member
    Options
    Second day of putting the heat on in June
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Forgetting my wallet on the table and having to go back 😑. Good thing I didn't go to store and had a cart full of groceries
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options

🤷🏼‍♀️

She earned it.