What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,560 Member
    Options
    I'm irked with my yard waste service. It's been 2 weeks since it was picked up. Its a paid service and they are to come every Monday. Called today to complain and they told me they would come today. It's almost 7:30 and my bags are still outside 😑
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited May 31
    Options
    Walking the dog for over 20 minutes just so she can eat grass and not poop which would be fine if I didn't have to get to work
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Walking the dog for over 20 minutes just so she can eat grass and not poop which would be fine if I didn't have to get to work

I show the dogs my schedule. I remind them. They just stare at me. These dogs are *kitten*.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Having to wait five months for a doctor appointment. Everybody's so lazy these days. Nobody wants to work anymore
  • Kashmir__314
    Kashmir__314 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Having to wait five months for a doctor appointment. Everybody's so lazy these days. Nobody wants to work anymore

I feel like this all started with Covid. Thoughts? Especially people that are working from home
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited May 31
    Options

I feel like this all started with Covid. Thoughts? Especially people that are working from home

Something has definitely changed and I'm not sure what it is. There are probably some moving parts that I don't understand.

The quality of healthcare and customer service within healthcare which was always pretty bad is way worse, there are very few actual doctors available to see patients, and the wait is incredibly long.

Also many people of my acquaintance have found that insurance is harder to get and keep and is more expensive.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    Update on the client who can't pick up a phone to make a call.

FOUR emails later trying to get the transcripts he wants us to get for him and I have had it. I snarked at him in my head the first couple times before answering politely with "when we get it, you'll get it" but he's still emailing about getting it today.

I was in the middle of aggressively typing a response to him telling him exactly what we have to go through A SECOND TIME NOW and to give him the phone number to call his own damned self when my boss called me into his office for another reason.

Now I've lost my momentum and thinking I should blatantly ignore the last email.
  • Lady_jk24
    Lady_jk24 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not really an irk, I just get bored with people calling me a fake sometimes.. just good thing those people don’t meet me in reality then.. they’d have a shocker 😂
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,995 Member
    Options
    It irks me that I sweat so much.
    Doing a fast power clean in the house, AC is on 69 and I am dripping with sweat. 😓
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,325 Member
    Options
    Having to run over to my mom's at 8:30pm to fix her tv that stopped working ....and then hearing a song I want to change my skating program to
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of the newsfeed more than irks me but it's ok. Lots of us have now found a new app to move over to. It's called Lose It. When this newsfeed shuts down we are all off over there
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    Getting rid of the newsfeed more than irks me but it's ok. Lots of us have now found a new app to move over to. It's called Lose It. When this newsfeed shuts down we are all off over there

I've been using Lose It! for years to log my food but it doesn't really have the same kind of community connections.
  • Lady_jk24
    Options
    Second night awake.. can’t sleep blah
  • AllaboutDaCake
    AllaboutDaCake Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Lady_jk24 wrote: »

I have special candies to help with that. 056872urwgic.gif
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,560 Member
    Options
    I got bit on my *kitten* by a mosquito. Mosquitos irk me. I prefer cicadas over mosquitos.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,181 Member
    edited June 3
    Options
    I got bit on my *kitten* by a mosquito. Mosquitos irk me. I prefer cicadas over mosquitos.

I love cicadas!

But I can’t blame the mosquito😏
  • Lady_jk24
    Options
    Lady_jk24 wrote: »

I have special candies to help with that. 056872urwgic.gif

Ive tried some special chocolate, but I’m like a sponge.. no effect whatsoever 😜
  • Lady_jk24
    Options
    Having a sweet tooth and not having anything sweet but having to buy it in for everyone else 😭
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,995 Member
    Options
    I feel disappointed,
    I feel let down,
    I feel sabotaged.
    I was cruising along slowly losing weight, logging all my food, sharing with my friends.
    I see little point in having this app now.
    The whole situation irks me.
  • Yourmomsproblem
    Yourmomsproblem Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 4
    Options
    It keeps raining! Which means my grass keeps growing but it’s too wet to actually mow.