What irks you today?

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    People who refuse to advocate for themselves and question their doctor, their insurance companies.....they simply accept answers without doing any searching or questioning. :( And there's a big difference between refusing and not being able to.....

Maybe I'm becoming much more cynical as I've gotten older but I see people being figuratively S@rewed all the time by the corporations.

I took my dogs to the vet over the past couple of months and with all the catching up we had to do to bring them both up-to-date, I told the vet right upfront that finances were a big consideration right now. She then decided what would be extremely important, vs. kind of important and gave me options. Bless her heart. She understood.

And don't get me started on insurance companies. :( They say they pay this and that but I see people getting denied who don't appeal. My sister, TG, decided to appeal some charges she was told her insurance wouldn't cover. They ended up covering it all. They probably figure most people aren't going to bother. Because hey, they're big biz and know what they're doing, right? Like doctors know what they're doing, right?

It’s so true. I had to practically beg my surgeon to switch me to a different speciality clinic for a post surgical issue. I knew the place I was at was a joke. We switched and 2 weeks in the improvement is unbelievable. And the first place would act like the simplest things I had “researched” (googled/asked around/heard about) were practically Doctor level information. “Wow, do you have medical background?” “Oh, you know about medihoney?” “Thats great you know about supplements/vitamins” It just made me think how few questions some of their patients must ask. I appreciate doctors and medical people SO MUCH. Really I do. But you have to be somewhat prepared and also advocate for yourself. I feel bad for the people who aren’t in a position to do so and don’t have help.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Myself.

Eff me. I knew I should have bought it. I said I didn’t want it because I didn’t want my property split be a county road.

Someone’s building a house here. Welp, hope they ain’t bashful and don’t care about a long haired country boy, bare assed, playing on his property. 😂

fo4poynffcon.jpeg

Crap on a cracker!
    That really is a bummer.
    Always buy the land next to you if you have the money!!!!!
    Ya may need to plant some privacy.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    People who refuse to advocate for themselves and question their doctor, their insurance companies.....they simply accept answers without doing any searching or questioning. :( And there's a big difference between refusing and not being able to.....

Maybe I'm becoming much more cynical as I've gotten older but I see people being figuratively S@rewed all the time by the corporations.

I took my dogs to the vet over the past couple of months and with all the catching up we had to do to bring them both up-to-date, I told the vet right upfront that finances were a big consideration right now. She then decided what would be extremely important, vs. kind of important and gave me options. Bless her heart. She understood.

And don't get me started on insurance companies. :( They say they pay this and that but I see people getting denied who don't appeal. My sister, TG, decided to appeal some charges she was told her insurance wouldn't cover. They ended up covering it all. They probably figure most people aren't going to bother. Because hey, they're big biz and know what they're doing, right? Like doctors know what they're doing, right?

It’s so true. I had to practically beg my surgeon to switch me to a different speciality clinic for a post surgical issue. I knew the place I was at was a joke. We switched and 2 weeks in the improvement is unbelievable. And the first place would act like the simplest things I had “researched” (googled/asked around/heard about) were practically Doctor level information. “Wow, do you have medical background?” “Oh, you know about medihoney?” “Thats great you know about supplements/vitamins” It just made me think how few questions some of their patients must ask. I appreciate doctors and medical people SO MUCH. Really I do. But you have to be somewhat prepared and also advocate for yourself. I feel bad for the people who aren’t in a position to do so and don’t have help.

Medihoney was the best thing for keeping bed sores at bay with my BIL. The Home Health Care nurses shared that bit of advice with my sister. You really have to dig for yourself, ask questions of the right people. And sometimes luck has a huge part in it. My sister is going through depression and anxiety, can't sleep so she went to see the doctor. She's tried every damn thing in the book. Her dr. was too quick at prescribing her medication so my sister asked about how it affects glaucoma. Yep, all the meds. would've affected glaucoma. Doctors don't read the fine print unless they're asked to and they aren't that well-versed on all the 1000's of drugs available.

The doctors, nurses, pharmacists, etc., are all a godsend but never be afraid to question them either.

Glad the place you're going to is helping!!
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited August 2021
    Myself.

Eff me. I knew I should have bought it. I said I didn’t want it because I didn’t want my property split be a county road.

Someone’s building a house here. Welp, hope they ain’t bashful and don’t care about a long haired country boy, bare assed, playing on his property. 😂

fo4poynffcon.jpeg

Crap on a cracker!
    That really is a bummer.

I know. I could have but want to keep the cash on hand because I’m holding out for the hundred or so acres that is adjacent to the other sides of my property.

I was here first. They can avert their eyes. I’m not muslin’ up my hay fields. Cattle’s going over there eventually too 😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Myself.

fo4poynffcon.jpeg

Crap on a cracker!
    That really is a bummer.

So true. :( A million years ago a piece of property was offered to all us neighbors that abuts all our backyards. I wish we'd had the money then to enlarge our property and fill in the swamp that was there. :(
    C'est la vie.

I guess Tman will be wearing a towel around the pool from now on. :)
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,666 Member
    Myself.

fo4poynffcon.jpeg

Crap on a cracker!
    That really is a bummer.

So true. :( A million years ago a piece of property was offered to all us neighbors that abuts all our backyards. I wish we'd had the money then to enlarge our property and fill in the swamp that was there. :(
    C'est la vie.

I guess Tman will be wearing a towel around the pool from now on. :)

That made me laugh. You, Ms. @ReenieHJ, do not know me very well.

And if no towel irks them, they can just put up some blinds.
    😉
  • tmanfive
    edited August 2021
    Myself.

fo4poynffcon.jpeg

Hoping your new neighbour isn't an old wrinkled country boy who likes to play bare assed on his property... cause you reeeeally gunna wish you'd bought it then 😂

😂 Yeah. But I guess I’ll make the best of it. it will be all good, Ms. @slimgirljo15.

Good on him if so. The au naturel human body is a beautiful thing.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Everything.
    Going to a wedding soon, wearing a tight mermaid dress. So I’ve been micromanaging my calorie intake so everything irksome. I hate it. After the wedding. No more.
  • tmanfive
    Project managers disconnected from everything.

Eff your escalating on me.

The client ain’t even got me what he owed me from 2 weeks ago.

It’s all good though. Have fun loosing $ on this contract ‘cause I sure as H E Double Hockey Sticks am gonna work the sheet outa this gig this week. My LoE didn’t account for double time $.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,248 Member
    Neuropathy.
    Neuropathy is irking me right now.