• litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 28
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    litha_ wrote: »
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

I get your point. It remains my irk however.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,793 Member
    edited March 28
    Options
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

I love paper straws. The scratchy texture of plastic bothers me & I'm afraid I'll impale myself on a metal one. Have you seen those side sucking straws meant to minimize lip wrinkles?
  • litha_
    edited March 28
    Options
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

I get your point. I’ve taken an environmental science class. It remains my irk however. Also if you’re shopping Temu or similar on the regular, it’s a bit hypocritical as that company is terrible for the environment.

I love paper straws. The scratchy texture of plastic bothers me & I'm afraid I'll impale myself on a metal one. Have you seen those side sucking straws meant to minimize lip wrinkles?

Well, I edited my post because I don’t want to get into an environmental pissing match. I have not seen the other straws about wrinkles. On a whim, I was at Peet’s, ordered a tea, it broke midway on my hour long drive. Hence, the irk. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,746 Member
    Options
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

I get your point. I’ve taken an environmental science class. It remains my irk however. Also if you’re shopping Temu or similar on the regular, it’s a bit hypocritical as that company is terrible for the environment.

Well, I edited my post because I don’t want to get into an environmental pissing match. I have not seen the other straws about wrinkles. On a whim, I was at Peet’s, ordered a tea, it broke midway on my hour long drive. Hence, the irk. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    On another note; have you read the studies where most of the paper straws tested contain PFAS chemicals? We, and the turtles, are screwed no matter what.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,793 Member
    Options
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

I gotchu
  • litha_
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

On another note; have you read the studies where most of the paper straws tested contain PFAS chemicals? We, and the turtles, are screwed no matter what.

I hadn’t read about that. I agree with your assessment.
  • litha_
    Options
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

I gotchu

I appreciate the gesture. It’s still in the quotes in any case. I stand by what I wrote. It is what it is.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

Wait, my point was I hate paper straws too. I've literally had one fall apart after like 15 mins in a soda.
  • litha_
    Options
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

Wait, my point was I hate paper straws too. I've literally had one fall apart after like 15 mins in a soda.

I definitely misread your point, the humor and meaning then. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I thought you were making some environmental statement about straws.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

I definitely misread your point, the humor and meaning then. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I thought you were making some environmental statement about straws.

Tone can definitely be hard to interpret on the internet. Especially if you're not psychic. :)

I'm very much ok with plastic even tho I bought some silicone straws because I felt bad about not caring if the turtles die. I couldn't get past the texture/taste tho. At least they never stabbed my lips like the plastic do! :)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

Nothing on the top but bucket and mop and an environmental statement about straws -

As soon as I read that I sang that in my head - please please please tell me you get my reference
  • litha_
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

Nothing on the top but bucket and mop and an environmental statement about straws -

As soon as I read that I sang that in my head - please please please tell me you get my reference

Kurt, Is that you?!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

The whole straw thing…

Every choice is one that makes sense for some and is very bad for others.

Example: Many paper straws contain a latex based glue, which is a serious allergen for some.

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Paper straws.

DIE, TURTLES! DIE!!!!!

Kurt, Is that you?!

0iz4bnkd3gys.gif
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,520 Member
    Options
    20-30 sustained with 40mph gusts.
    💨 It’s warmer but we pay for it with the wind.
    🤧
  • Hangrycatapilar
    Hangrycatapilar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Putting someone in coventry (pretending they don’t exist) is a kind of bullying but also childish 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Ok had one beer lastnight and now today I’m all sad saccy
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Scammers.
    Every last one of ‘em

Grrrr
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 897 Member
    edited March 30
    Options
    I have a toxic co worker who I have tried to take the high road with …. No amount of kindness or professionalism has worked… now I have to rethink my approach. Keep it profesh … or bury her at first opportunity?

No good deed goes unpunished!