What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• TheIronsMan
    TheIronsMan Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I listen to Christmas music all year round. Why you gotta be such an Ebeneezer Scrooge???

I listen to Christmas music all year too
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    I am all for hugs. Getting, and giving. I have to be careful, because I never really thought about anyone not wanting to be hugged, but I see that there are some. Physical touch is one of my love languages, and I am very free with it.

I especially love my naked hugs with @Cat0703a. <3

There’s nothing quite like seeing you’ve been tagged in the IRK thread on a Monday morning. 😅😂🤣

But then you saw it was me, in all my glory, and there was much rejoicing!

............................Right?????
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,423 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    I am all for hugs. Getting, and giving. I have to be careful, because I never really thought about anyone not wanting to be hugged, but I see that there are some. Physical touch is one of my love languages, and I am very free with it.

I especially love my naked hugs with @Cat0703a. <3

There’s nothing quite like seeing you’ve been tagged in the IRK thread on a Monday morning. 😅😂🤣

But then you saw it was me, in all my glory, and there was much rejoicing!

............................Right?????

@bellababy9031, thought that went without saying. 😘
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Even though I’ll probably never initiate a hug and are generally uncomfortable about them, I still like them. <(As in friends and acquaintances)
    One of my favorite hug moments was from a guy friend who’d pick me up and spin me around, squeezing the life out of me out of nowhere.

*warning* I’m doing that if we ever meet. Balls in your court.😏

Drunk me is always trying to do that type of hug. 😅 She’s a different person though. Trouble is, I can’t lift that much so it ends at me struggling and failing. 🙃

Oh yeah, don’t try to lift me. You’re going down sis. I’m not a small bish.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,863 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join teams 'pro-hugs' and 'anti- Christmas music all year long'? I enjoy Christmas music, but part of that for me is the anticipation.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Related to the hugs debate is the question of shaking hands. Used to be a sign of respect was to shake their hand upon meeting, again upon closing a deal or sale. These days you can't tell who is ok with hand shaking, who rejects it out of hand (so to speak), and who would rather not but will tolerate it as a sign of respect. Having to ask, "Are you ok with shaking hands," just runs counter to what I'd been taught my entire life.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I understand and can relate to this. I'm okay with shaking hands, but these days I usually wait to see if my client or co-worker offers their hand first. It may be a little bit of a cop out, but I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I'm the cause of all of my stressful situations
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Christmas music the first week of November...I can support it throughout December, but c'mon man, can't it wait until then? Do we really need TWO months of it? At least on my radio I can choose a different station, but at the grocery store, where I have to go eventually, I don't have that option.

🎶 It's the most profitable time of the year... 🎶

Goes with all the decorations and merch that were waiting in the back for the day after Halloween. 🤪
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,592 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma State Basketball 🏀
    NCAA screwed them over but good.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Today I'm irked by clients who can't make up their mind.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Related to the hugs debate is the question of shaking hands. Used to be a sign of respect was to shake their hand upon meeting, again upon closing a deal or sale. These days you can't tell who is ok with hand shaking, who rejects it out of hand (so to speak), and who would rather not but will tolerate it as a sign of respect. Having to ask, "Are you ok with shaking hands," just runs counter to what I'd been taught my entire life.

Is the hesitancy thing related to COVID/germs, or is there something more personal or social about it?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Goes with all the decorations and merch that were waiting in the back for the day after Halloween. 🤪

They weren't waiting in the back at my local Wal-Mart...the Halloween aisle was filled with Christmas stuff almost a full week before Halloween actually happened...
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Is the hesitancy thing related to COVID/germs, or is there something more personal or social about it?

I've been assuming it's a COVID thing, as I rarely met anybody hesitant about shaking hands pre-COVID, but it's a common situation since the start of the pandemic.
  • dawnfire72
    dawnfire72 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Christmas music the first week of November...I can support it throughout December, but c'mon man, can't it wait until then? Do we really need TWO months of it? At least on my radio I can choose a different station, but at the grocery store, where I have to go eventually, I don't have that option.

Totally agree. Growing up Christmas music wasn't started until the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I also believe that out of respect for the Veterans of this world could we at least wait until AFTER November 11th before we start with the jingle of the overly commercial holiday (yes I am a bit Grinch-y).
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

There's a whole contingent of people where I live who are proudly announcing that they put up Christmas decorations and their trees/lights Nov. 1st, as though the rest of us should be proud of that decision? They are unabashedly pro-early Christmas.

It's weird, because they almost have a cult mindset about it. Meanwhile, I refuse (as do some other people here) to put out anything until after Thanksgiving. However, whatever their reasons, mine are because that is just traditionally when it was done in my family. Decorations and tree lighting happen Thanksgiving evening or after. If we're buying a fresh Christmas tree, then it's usually the first week in December.

Besides, I feel I need a break between Halloween and Christmas of no decorations, no festivities and DEFINITELY no holiday music.

Besides, it feels like they play the same 5-ish Christmas songs over and over every Christmas and I dislike each one because of it. Every store, every radio.. the same five songs.
    • All I Want For Christmas Is you - Mariah Carey
    • Last Christmas - Wham!
    • Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney
    • Sleigh Ride - flavor of the month, really.. it's been covered so many times.
    • It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - Perry Como and/or Michael Buble, both are tragically overplayed at this point.

Just.. ugh.