What irks you today?

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,253 Member
    The fact that as of right now my cable has been out for 48hrs and they can give me no estimate when it will be fixed.
    I pay so much, I’m going to try and get them to refund me the days I had no service.
    Why should I pay for a service I didn’t receive.
    It’s the principle dang it.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2021
    The fact that as of right now my cable has been out for 48hrs and they can give me no estimate when it will be fixed.
    I pay so much, I’m going to try and get them to refund me the days I had no service.
    Why should I pay for a service I didn’t receive.
    It’s the principle dang it.

I just tried doing that with tracfone and the phone protection plan I've had for years even tho I only used the phone like twice but no go.

You'll probably have better luck tho! :)

Oh, and also irked that the office christmas dinner is ok to start back up again.

It's especially irksome because of the whole boss hellbent on retiring thing and how I never liked how these dinners turned into his/his few staff/and his much more pub couples who are also clients.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Being sent a text from someone I've had no contact with since early last year. I went no contact on them (I ghosted them and I'm not sorry about it) because they had some problematic behavioral traits I didn't want to be around. Including, but not limited to:
    • Extremely violent outbursts when things didn't work out. To the point of throwing dishes or items across a room.
    • Had a tendency to make "mountains out of molehills". Arguments happened because a slight was perceived where one wasn't intended.
    • Also only "heard what they wanted to hear". I could say something and have an argument happen because again, a slight was perceived and they "inferred" what I was saying as opposed to actually *listening* to what I was saying.
    • I felt like I was constantly walking on eggshells just so I wouldn't upset them or say the wrong thing. It made for really forced conversations.
    • Also, this person maintained some pretty crappy double standards. They could go "no contact" for two days and it wasn't a slight, but if I did the same thing either because I didn't feel like texting/talking or was busy, I'd get an earful.

So yes, I got a text two days ago that simply said "Because this is my new number.. and my door is always open to you". I don't give a flip if the door is open, I walked through and out it two years ago and never looked back.

Did we have fun times and a lot of great conversations? Yeah. There are parts I miss, but I don't miss feeling anxious, berated and on edge every time I talk to this person. Mentally, it put me in a really negative space that just overshadowed everything else.

I figured this person would get the point when I blocked their number, blocked them on all social media, hid my social presence and never responded to the letter they wrote me (snail mail, even!).

I think of the good times we had, but I don't want to go back to feeling like an animal trapped in a small box trying to appease someone else so they don't feel slighted.

Honestly, I think you made a sound decision. You need to do what is best for you!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    The fact that I get sooooo darn tired in the afternoon and SWEAR I will go to bed earlier that night... and then end up staying up til almost (or over) 1am and repeating it all again the next day.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    My daughter has been in the hospital and this morning i'm irked that i'm not allowed to bring her a good breakfast and that she has to eat that gross hospital food.

I hope she's ok and out soon 🙂
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    The Peacock app and their paid level streaming service.

Man U v Arsenal ended 30 minutes ago... WHERE IS THE REPLAY??!?!??@????????!?@?@?@??!???@?!?@?!??!$?@#$?!$??#$?!#%?!
  • glassyo
    Being sent a text from someone I've had no contact with since early last year. I went no contact on them (I ghosted them and I'm not sorry about it) because they had some problematic behavioral traits I didn't want to be around. Including, but not limited to:
    • Extremely violent outbursts when things didn't work out. To the point of throwing dishes or items across a room.
    • Had a tendency to make "mountains out of molehills". Arguments happened because a slight was perceived where one wasn't intended.
    • Also only "heard what they wanted to hear". I could say something and have an argument happen because again, a slight was perceived and they "inferred" what I was saying as opposed to actually *listening* to what I was saying.
    • I felt like I was constantly walking on eggshells just so I wouldn't upset them or say the wrong thing. It made for really forced conversations.
    • Also, this person maintained some pretty crappy double standards. They could go "no contact" for two days and it wasn't a slight, but if I did the same thing either because I didn't feel like texting/talking or was busy, I'd get an earful.

So yes, I got a text two days ago that simply said "Because this is my new number.. and my door is always open to you". I don't give a flip if the door is open, I walked through and out it two years ago and never looked back.

Did we have fun times and a lot of great conversations? Yeah. There are parts I miss, but I don't miss feeling anxious, berated and on edge every time I talk to this person. Mentally, it put me in a really negative space that just overshadowed everything else.

I figured this person would get the point when I blocked their number, blocked them on all social media, hid my social presence and never responded to the letter they wrote me (snail mail, even!).

I think of the good times we had, but I don't want to go back to feeling like an animal trapped in a small box trying to appease someone else so they don't feel slighted.

This...person...sounds...exhausting!

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Customers coming in with some technical issue with their bike but don't actually have the bike with them and expect some magical solution. Literally, there are like a thousand type of bikes and it can be so many things wrong with it, I don't know the components on every bike out there so I can only speak broadly about mechanicals. Don't get mad if I can't use my psychic powers to mend your bike.

Self-entitled people expecting discounts. Like mate, you don't ask for a discount at the supermarket so why would you ask here? Why does Billy over there have to pay the RRP but you don't? Jeesh...

Retail lol
  • glassyo
    Customers coming in with some technical issue with their bike but don't actually have the bike with them and expect some magical solution. Literally, there are like a thousand type of bikes and it can be so many things wrong with it, I don't know the components on every bike out there so I can only speak broadly about mechanicals. Don't get mad if I can't use my psychic powers to mend your bike.

Self-entitled people expecting discounts. Like mate, you don't ask for a discount at the supermarket so why would you ask here? Why does Billy over there have to pay the RRP but you don't? Jeesh...

Retail lol

LOL I totally asked tracfone if I could get a refund on the years I spent on their phone protection plan (pay $5 or $6 dollars a month to keep the phone active but don't have to add minutes like you normally would) when I'd only used the phone like 3 times and the answer in chat was, "No."

I laughed (because I actually did laugh) and said I had to try.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited December 2021
    glassyo wrote: »

This...person...sounds...exhausting!

They were.. when they were in this sort of argumentative/judgmental mood. Otherwise, they were a lot of fun to be around. Kind of a Jekyll/Mr. Hyde kind of situation, really. Never knew what would set them off to bring out the beast.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Retail lol

My ds works at Home Depot in appliances. There are always people coming in asking for discounts. He doesn't have that authority, even if they do that type of thing(which pretty sure they don't). DS kindly told customer 'no sorry' but said he felt like telling him 'nope, that's the set price but you can have the GTFO discount'.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    My daughter has been in the hospital and this morning i'm irked that i'm not allowed to bring her a good breakfast and that she has to eat that gross hospital food.

I hope she's ok and out soon 🙂

Thank you 🙏❤
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    edited December 2021
    Sending a private message to someone on mfp and having to verify by checking "hills and mountains" (which I apparently did wrong), then "traffic lights" (which I noticed just as I clicked 'Send' had a couple random boxes also checked - so wrong again) and then finally "images of taxis". This time I made my selections more carefully and noticed boxes I hadn't checked were checking themselves! I unchecked 2 boxes, then finally could send my message. Sheesh mfp, I'm perfectly capable of messing things up myself - I don't need your assistance in that area!
  • glassyo
    How in some threads that were read but have new messages, it doesn't take you to the first unread post when reentering the thread. But only in some threads.

And how my check tire pressure ding wouldn't stfu this morning.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    These new glasses...

*sigh*
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited December 2021
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Sending a private message to someone on mfp and having to verify by checking "hills and mountains" (which I apparently did wrong), then "traffic lights" (which I noticed just as I clicked 'Send' had a couple random boxes also checked - so wrong again) and then finally "images of taxis". This time I made my selections more carefully and noticed boxes I hadn't checked were checking themselves! I unchecked 2 boxes, then finally could send my message. Sheesh mfp, I'm perfectly capable of messing things up myself - I don't need your assistance in that area!

I'm having issues as well. Except when I click send message, it doesn't do anything at all. I finally have to copy/paste then compose new message. Then I'm not sure it's gone through because I never get that captcha thingie; only way I *think* it went through was because it's in my sent box.
    And that only started happening the past couple days, annoying!!
  • glassyo
    Planned on putting air in my tires (again ) last night but fell asleep so got up early this morning to do it and, if I could get the tire pressure warning to shut up, put another 25 miles on my car for the smog test.

Success on the tire pressure warning so got me a diet coke and hit the freeway in the fog.

I wanted to be home by a certain time but ended off on a different freeway on my way home and didn't realize it until quite a few miles later.

So now I'm off schedule.

(I used to be more laid back!)