Hello

Options
Hi guys! Please don’t shoot me down.I know exactly, well kinda of what I was doing but I couldn’t help it.

I’ve just came out of a “depression” stage.I didn’t eat...probably 800 calories a day.I’ve just finished cbt and now I feel a lot better about myself.
Obviously I know...I’ve lost muscle mass from just basically starving myself.

So my question is...I’ve done my calorie counting on here now...and the past few days I’ve been doing really well :)

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting rid of my belly podge?

I know you can’t pick where it comes off...but anyone recommend any diets or exercises as I know the sit ups is just a myth.
I do go gym and I have one of those weighted hula hoops aswell as resistance bands :)
And I’ve had lots of protein today too :)

Any help will be appreciated.
Please don’t shout...I know what I’ve done...but it’s hard when you are in a certain mindset xx

Replies

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    You're not the only one here who's dealt with depression. It's very, very good you got help. :)

Search "stomach vacuum" on here for some good stomach exercises to help keep things pulled in. I still have more weight to lose but I believe it has made a difference for me. Eating sufficient protein is also important, though reasonable people can disagree about what's best. When I was beginning weight loss I was surprised to find that I was frequently low on protein, so I gradually increased it so it didn't feel like such a huge change to my diet all at once. Small increases felt very doable.

The biggest thing will be patience. Are you looking to lose or maintain your weight? Spot reduction isn't possible, but you might also find this thread helpful: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi penguin xx

I’m happy with my weight.I have big bussoms so I’m hoping to try get rid of them! But I have a mummy belly that’s a bit flabby so I just want to try get that down a bit.It hangs out my jeans haha! Thank you so much for your help! I know everyone has had a bad time at the moment especially with covid and the lockdown xx
    You're not the only one here who's dealt with depression. It's very, very good you got help. :)

Search "stomach vacuum" on here for some good stomach exercises to help keep things pulled in. I still have more weight to lose but I believe it has made a difference for me. Eating sufficient protein is also important, though reasonable people can disagree about what's best. When I was beginning weight loss I was surprised to find that I was frequently low on protein, so I gradually increased it so it didn't feel like such a huge change to my diet all at once. Small increases felt very doable.

The biggest thing will be patience. Are you looking to lose or maintain your weight? Spot reduction isn't possible, but you might also find this thread helpful: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest